Thoughts on Drink Machine on Craigslist

Thoughts in regards to fixing up drink machine...they are asking for best offer...see attachment. I think it requires to much work to fix up for such a small machine. The seller stated it is a dixie narco 180 model. It may need freon and the coin mech is missing and it doesn't have bill validator.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/clt/4494960149.html

As long as my it isn't bottler owned, it looks like a cute machine. Sounds like it needs too much money put into it though. If it really does 20oz bottles, maybe it's worth $250? GI don't know what a fair market value would be. I don't buy these but it may have a value somewhere.

Thoughts in regards to fixing up drink machine...they are asking for best offer...see attachment. I think it requires to much work to fix up for such a small machine. The seller stated it is a dixie narco 180 model. It may need freon and the coin mech is missing and it doesn't have bill validator.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/clt/4494960149.html

I can't see how you'd make much money with something that small.  Beware of the freon only charge, there could be significant and costly repairs needed to get that compressor deck working again.  It might be a cute machine for your man cave but you'd need something substantially bigger for any decent account.  Pass

You're probably right to pass it up as they likely think they'll get serious money for it.  The coin mech and validator will run close to the $300 mark plus the recharge it will need.  It can certainly have the parts added without problem but you also have to realize that with it only holding 180 cans (no bottles) that you won't have very high gross sales before a refill is needed.  You should point all this out to them and offer $100 or less if you think it's worthwhile.

Oh wow...sounds to costly to repair...I was just curious. I will definitely pass.

The best deal is to find yourself a machine that actually works - I hate to see you drop an additional 3 bills (if your lucky) into something that really will never be adequate for professional vending purposes.

That would be perfect for the Moondog mancave..........it will hold lots of beer and you wont forget to restock it.

Glad to see you finally woke up Ron  ;D (don't tell me .. web lag?) Unfortunately I have more machines sitting here than any man cave could hold and there's no way I would ever buy something that small with or without all it's current problems.

Archived