heat

TKK

So today it hot 108 :(

I went to sams and holy crap the box truck was hot inside. Im working on ac in it, i bought a 6500btu window ac which will be vented to the roof and using a 800 watt inverter. Anyways this sucks, i noticed 2 or 3 cokes were popped from falling usually they are pretty strong. My question is what can be left inside the box? Chips? Heres a list of my common items....

Lss fiesta mix

Lss flaming

Doritos

Lays

Etc

Grandmas cchip

knotts

Famous

Mm cookies

Oreos

Nutty bars

Snickers

Pmms

Bugles

Rice krispies

Trail mix

Mexican peanuts

Chocolate cup cakes

Tx cinamon

Honey buns

Crunch donuts

Mexican candy

cornuts

fruit gummies

cheese and peanut butter crackers

cereal bars

Sodas, waters, monsters, ppwerades...

I noticed chocolates were soft and the gummies too

Do any of these go bad once heated? I know maybe they lose their shape...but will they b bad after? And do cokes and monsters go bad?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know how the AC with the inverter works. When I had a box truck I used a room AC vented thru the floor. When I would get to a location I would plug it into an outside wall plug on the side of the building when available.

I live in the desert so I'll list my take on your stuff getting hot:

Chips - They can get a little rancid tasting with prolonged heat. Like outside in August when its 118 deg.

Cookies - Hold up pretty well. The chocolate chips get melty then turn kinda white after a while.

Snikers - Do not let them get melty. They will turn white and nobody will eat them. Along with 3 musketeer and milky ways.

Trail mix and peanuts - no problem.

Chocolate cupcakes - Indestructable

Iced honey buns - develop moisture between the packaging and the icing that turns a little green.

Crunch donuts - get moldy pretty quick.

Sugar donuts - melt

Texas Cinnamon, Cheeze Danish, Cherry Cheeze Danish - indestructible.

Cornuts - can't get any worse

gummies - stick together

crackers - good to go but don't sell to well because the filling oozes onto the packaging.

Cereal bars without chocolate - same as cornuts

Sodas - Will pop open easy. Like when barely bumped.

Monsters - can get bad tasting.

ppwerados - I have no idea what the heck that is.

Lol sorry for the spelling lol im always on this with my cell phone. I have had problems before with the crunch donuts developing mold fast. I think im going to stop using them and go for something else. I just love they are only 39 cents.

So sodas will not go bad? And yes i meant powerades...

I just started leaving cases of 12 oz cans in my van, and when I'm at my day job I'm scared of them just bursting open from the heat! After seeing where TKK and Allen lives, I not worried any more!

;D  ;D

If the air is dry, I can handle 95-100 without being too miserable... but here in southwest Ohio, it often reaches 95 with high humidity. It's just plain miserable.

If I ever move though, I would rather go to a colder region. Preferably one with no state sales tax.

Near the southernmost point in the U.S. here. We top out at 90° on the average, with high humidity and a lot of rainfall all summer long. Moving soda can be a pain in the rain, but the products survive the Heat down here. Great weather most of the year though.

I've never had a soda go bad or pop open from the heat. Although in summer I ding a can and it explodes inside my car at least every other week. lol

That happens to everybody Allen - they use just enough aluminum to barely hold a soda anymore.  It possibly will explode even if you look at it the wrong way.

That happens to everybody Allen - they use just enough aluminum to barely hold a soda anymore.  It possibly will explode even if you look at it the wrong way.

I bet you've never had a beer explode on you! It wouldn't stay in the can long enough for it to get warm with you  ;D

Yea 3 days in a row at 108. Its very dry almost no humidity, its the type of heat that burns, cars, etc very hot, its not the humid sweaty type. Ill update w pics of the box teuck, ive been rearanging it i love it. Hopefully w the ac even best. My new trailer is almost done too i made some heavy duty diamond plate 8ft ramps and extended the rails 2.5 feet and installed the winch. Should be easy as pie to move machines, or pallets of product as the trailer can hack 7000 lbs..

Allen... i thought acs couldnt have power chords...id like to plug mine in at night and set it pretty high like say at 70 degrees plugged into a chord that way in the morning its nice and cold, and then when i take off connect back to the inverter. Is an inverter as bad as an extension chord?

TKK....I used a heavy duty (big mo-fo) extension cord and plugged it in at night set at 65 deg. and in the morning the truck was nice and cold. I've never used an inverter to power anything but a laptop. If you are going with an inverter get the biggest one you can afford and get the kind that is wired directly to you battery (as opposed to the cigarette lighter plug). Check your AC's power requirements and go bigger. Those things take a lot of juice. It would be nice to be able to switch between inverter and house current. RV's use a similar set-up. Maybe an RV store in your area can help you out or go online to Camping World or something similar to that. Keep me posted.

Hahaha Kiwi......That's funny. I used to drive a beer truck and one day I took along a buddy for some company. Every stop we made he would go thru the truck looking for leaking cans and when he would find one he would dig it out, pop the top and chug it right there on the spot. I just looked on in amazement. This went on all day. He said he couldn't bear the thought of a beer going to waste. Hahaha.

I bet you've never had a beer explode on you! It wouldn't stay in the can long enough for it to get warm with you  ;D

In think it's only because my beer stays in the fridge and doesn't ride around in my van all day.  My problem is freezing my beer - I often pop them in the freezer to get cold again and forget them until it's too late - lose a lot that way

In think it's only because my beer stays in the fridge and doesn't ride around in my van all day.  My problem is freezing my beer - I often pop them in the freezer to get cold again and forget them until it's too late - lose a lot that way

My condolences.  It is always hard losing a loved one :)

it was believed that one of my past coworkers drunk so much beer that the cans still had frost on them when he took the cans to the recycling center haha... Sorry I know that has nothing to do with this topic but I couldn't resist.

So today it hot 108 :(

I went to sams and holy crap the box truck was hot inside. Im working on ac in it, i bought a 6500btu window ac which will be vented to the roof and using a 800 watt inverter. Anyways this sucks, i noticed 2 or 3 cokes were popped from falling usually they are pretty strong. My question is what can be left inside the box? Chips? Heres a list of my common items....

Lss fiesta mix

Lss flaming

Doritos

Lays

Etc

Grandmas cchip

knotts

Famous

Mm cookies

Oreos

Nutty bars

Snickers

Pmms

Bugles

Rice krispies

Trail mix

Mexican peanuts

Chocolate cup cakes

Tx cinamon

Honey buns

Crunch donuts

Mexican candy

cornuts

fruit gummies

cheese and peanut butter crackers

cereal bars

Sodas, waters, monsters, ppwerades...

I noticed chocolates were soft and the gummies too

Do any of these go bad once heated? I know maybe they lose their shape...but will they b bad after? And do cokes and monsters go bad?

TKK,

What kind of roof is on your truck?  Metal or translucent?  If it is metal you can have installed a 12500 watt a/c that can be hooked up to a 2000 watt Honda portable generator that can be mounted on your truck. During the day you can run this and it will stay cool, at night just hook it up to you 120 at home.  The generator should only use about a gallon or two of gas during the day depending on the setting of the a/c. I drive for a living and have a similar set up.

Also if you are using a invertor I would install a couple of marine batteries to handle that and do not use your cranking battery as this will weaken your battery faster.

Its a metal roof...the truck is diesel so it has two batteries...would this be a bad thing having it hooked up to the bottom battery with the inverter? Its only an 800 watt

Archived