Curenza

Anyone using either the Curenza Coin Mech or Bill acceptor. I have recently experienced a rash of bill jam's almost daily on the same machines. I have several of these and have had little or no problems with them. The interesting thing is that the two machines I'm having issues with are at the same facility. Can someone purposely jam up a bill acceptor?

You would see the cause if your locations were purposely jamming the validators, so if the bills are fine and nothing is crammed into the validator then it's not purposeful.  Is it a type of location where people will be likely to have sweaty or crumpled bills?  Damp or mangled bills will always be problematic though the Mars validators handle those bills better.  I've never been impressed with the Currenza stuff.  It was designed in Europe and adapted to the US when Crane bought the manufacturer.  Their bill recycler, if you have any, is the worst one ever designed and most operators stop using them within a couple of years due to their failure.  

If you are getting bill jams continuously then you can't afford to leave the current validators in the machines.  You need to get them replaced so you can make money.  

If you need exchanges for your validators then send me a PM and I can get a couple of them out to you. 

Anyone using either the Curenza Coin Mech or Bill acceptor. I have recently experienced a rash of bill jam's almost daily on the same machines. I have several of these and have had little or no problems with them. The interesting thing is that the two machines I'm having issues with are at the same facility. Can someone purposely jam up a bill acceptor?

What model Currenza Bill Acceptors are you using? How long have they been in this location & when did you start experiencing problems? Is it a dusty or dirty location.. they may just need servicing. If you suspect someone purposely jamming them you could swap out the bill acceptor with one that you know is working & see if you still get jamming issues. 

I've never been impressed with the Currenza stuff.  It was designed in Europe and adapted to the US when Crane bought the manufacturer.  

A agree with you regarding the NRI payment products that Crane sell under the Currenza Brand but I think you will find that the later model Currenza Bill Acceptors are actually manufactured by CashCode in Canada. I think they are a lot better quality. I am not saying they are better than MEI or Coinco but in my opinion they are very reliable bill acceptors.

Currenza coin mechs are an NRI product from Germany.

Currenza bill validators are a Cashcode product assembled in Canada.

Both fall under the Crane Payment Innovations umbrella of products.

I've never had an issue with the Currenza Cashcode validators - I find their quality to be very comparable to their MEI line, with faster bill acceptance speeds.

The coin mechs are OK - I've had a lot better luck with the NRI mechs than the Coinco Guardians, but I prefer the MEI 7512 above all else.

- Jason

What model Currenza Bill Acceptors are you using? How long have they been in this location & when did you start experiencing problems? Is it a dusty or dirty location.. they may just need servicing. If you suspect someone purposely jamming them you could swap out the bill acceptor with one that you know is working & see if you still get jamming issues. 

A agree with you regarding the NRI payment products that Crane sell under the Currenza Brand but I think you will find that the later model Currenza Bill Acceptors are actually manufactured by CashCode in Canada. I think they are a lot better quality. I am not saying they are better than MEI or Coinco but in my opinion they are very reliable bill acceptors.

They are newer, I don't have the model #'s in front of me, I can tell you the machines are approx. 3 months old so I would assume they are new models. The locations is extremely clean no dust. I have had other machines that have operated for 18 months with little or no problems. Its a huge account and its suspicious to me that all of a sudden im having issues almost daily with bill jams on both machines at the same location. It feels like its intentional because they tend to both Jam simultaneously, when I get a jam they both are jammed. This is why I asked the question about sabotage.

Archived