Looking for advice on a location for sale

Here is the Craigslist ad:

http://denver.craigslist.org/bfs/4489944773.html

The owner said this location is doing about $50-100 / week in sales and he has been neglecting the account due to his lack of time.  All of my machines currently are AMS Combo's with the exception of a Bevmax I have.  I'm not familiar with these machines he has.  I think the snack machine is new and is a Seaga and the combo is a Fortune.  Never heard of Fortune.

Bring on the opinions!!

Thanks,

Kevin

I don't think you'll want any part of this because it appears that he is piggybacking in locations that have other vendors already. Since this ad is clearly only for the healthy machines he's probably losing his shirt because he's selling higher priced items and competing with normal products that people prefer in the other vendor's machines.

There is also a question of if the machines are even paid for yet and if these major retail locations have the vending under contract with a vending management company that may not even approve of his machines being there.

This means there are lots of questions to ask here.

Here is the Craigslist ad:

http://denver.craigslist.org/bfs/4489944773.html

The owner said this location is doing about $50-100 / week in sales and he has been neglecting the account due to his lack of time.  All of my machines currently are AMS Combo's with the exception of a Bevmax I have.  I'm not familiar with these machines he has.  I think the snack machine is new and is a Seaga and the combo is a Fortune.  Never heard of Fortune.

Bring on the opinions!!

Thanks,

Kevin

Something does smell fishy about this one.  Why is the guy selling a brand new $5,000 machine for only $1,500 (even if it is a crappy brand) in a location that grosses $200 to $400 a month with a snack only set up (not bad).  He's either grossly overstating his gross or he doesn't really own the machine yet.  The line that he doesn't have the time is the oldest come on in the book.

Thanks for the responses!  My thought process was to buy this and hope to use the machines for a few years and also see if I can take over the traditional vending for this account too.  However, moondog & AZVendor you all bring up a good point, what if he doesn't even own the machines outright?  Then I am screwed if someone comes looking for the balance due!  

P.S.  It looks like he has dropped the price another $500.

Thanks for the responses!  My thought process was to buy this and hope to use the machines for a few years and also see if I can take over the traditional vending for this account too.  However, moondog & AZVendor you all bring up a good point, what if he doesn't even own the machines outright?  Then I am screwed if someone comes looking for the balance due!  

P.S.  It looks like he has dropped the price another $500.

If he can show you a sales receipt for the machines, then I'd say go for it at a $1,000 - maybe he truly is just doing a fire sale because he's fed up.  Somebody (just not us) is still buying Seaga machines or they would not be in business so you can at least recoup your investment.

Deals like this do come around, not often but they do. I bought 5 branded yonaturals machines from a guy that paid 55K for them for only 5 K, there were better quailty machines though.

I don't think anyone will recommend these machines due to their inferior qualities and the healthy vending aspect as well.

That said, if you do proceed make sure you do your due diligence, talk to the locations, get a bill of sale etc. Etc.

Archived