What is this

orsd

That is a Vendo Workplace machine which was a cheap machine sold to bottlers for use in very small accounts.  It is very light as the interior is all plastic.  It is single price, cans only, solid metal door with a vinyl graphic on it and it has no place for standard flavor strips as it used vinyl adhesive flavor labels.  You would need to use normal flavor strips back-taped to the door. This one is an odd off-white color and if you wanted to change the door graphics you'd have to have something made special for it.  The cooling unit is a light duty one that I believe is also used in the Vendo M&M machine.  The really odd thing it has is a credit relay that is one-off part and a 24v single price coin mech. - both very odd parts.  The vend mechanism uses a 24v DC motor and drive an auger in each column.

I have one in my shop for parts if you decide to get this and need something down the road. 

I have parted and junked over 100 machines in the past 3 years and I could probably junk another 50 right now if I took the time to do it.  I try to keep what I think I'm likely to need from them and quite often find that I wish I had kept something else from a machine.  A couple of good examples: leg levelers and the bottom cabinet removable panel from a 145 snack that I needed but never saved from two 145s I scrapped,  and then I actually scrapped several old DN delivery chutes I'd been hoarding so when I ended up needing one I had to take one off a good machine for now. 

It's very easy to run out of room when parting out machines so sometimes I save a complete machine because that takes up less space.  The real problem for me is I know how many parts are no longer available so if I save them I will be able to keep someone's machine working instead of them retiring it.  You know vendors don't ever want to replace an old machine. B)

.... or Hell :rolleyes:  .... because of guys like him I feel compelled to continue to repair 30 year old machines that ought to be scrapped... lol

Those 30 year old machines still pay my bills....well more like lunch for that day.. :unsure:

Archived