Help with Vendo v540

I bought a used Vendo v540 and have a couple questions to get it working properly.

1. If I put cans in 4 deep. What setting do I have to put on the motor?

2. There were a couple cans in the machine and they are in the dispenser. They probably have exploded. How do I either prime the machine to get those to dispense or get them out? Even with cans in the machine it says sold out. Once I get those cans out, how do I prime the machine?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am at the location and have been testing the machine. It is telling me that all of the columns are jammed. I have no idea how to resolve the issues.

Welcome to the forum!

You need to be careful when setting this machine up with cans 4 deep.  If you don't have the proper gage bar setup and proper can shims  you will jam cans or vend multiples.  There is a way to manually run the motors to get the cans to vend out of the rotors.  You can use the programming to do it or you can lift the motor switch out of the notch it's in on the colored plastic motor timing cam and press the door interlock switch.  This will cause the motor to advance one vend position until the switch drops into the next notch in the motor cam.

Speaking of the motor cams, to do cans 4 deep you will have to set the motor cams to show 4 notches around their circumference.  Those will be all the motor stopping points after each vend.  The gage bar will require two white clips, one grey sleeve clip and one large black deflecting clip.  You will also need a can shim for the right side of each column above the rotor.

Is the machine already set up for cans 4 deep?  If so then check for all these settings and use the setup guide on the inner door label, rudimentary as it might be, to guide you.

If you need parts for these setups you can send me a PM.

So this sounds way more involved than I thought. It probably easiest to keep it set to vend 2 cans instead. I was just trying to increase the capacity to hold more.

I was there about an hour ago and when I tried to test vend it told me that the columns were jammed. I tested all of them and they all said they were jammed. Is this because I moved the bar and places 4 cans in it?

I tried vending 4 cans out of a 540 I picked up (it was set up for 3) and the fourth can could not drop far enough to clear the back of the vend chute. The vend bucket would jam on the can as it continued rotating. I'm not sure if the vending chute is warped, but it looks like it designed to flatten out at the top and there is very little clearance for the 4th can. In the case of 2 bottles, the second bottle would half land on the angled drop of the vending chute and pull the rest of the bottle clear. The 4th can does not hang over this part of the vending chute and just sits there... until it jams. Look at the shape of your vend chute before you spend too much time on it.

1) If you vend 4 deep you need to place the motor at number 4. Number 4 should be displayed at the upper, left quadrant of your dial. Basically between the 11 o'clock and 12 o'clock position. You move the dial by gently picking up the top layer of the dial and using the 2 "fins" gently lift while  spinning the dial.

To remove the old cans simply vend them out using "test" vend!

If the cans are just "scrap metal". Power off the machine and just wiggle them free, or use a screwdriver, cro bar to pull them out!

In the future, if you are going to set the machines 4 deep, follow this guide below! I vend most of my machines 4 deep and only fill them up once a month!

Phone vendo tech support and ask for the "VENDO 12oz cans 3 deep, 4 deep latest revision PDF" sent to your e mail. You want the latest revision!

When I vend 4 cans deep, I always install 10 fresh gage bars, and a new "can chute"! The vinyl coated chutes bubble up over time!

Trying to vend 4 deep cans on Vendo 540s is an exercise in frustration. Even if you get it set up properly, you're still going to get more frequent jams than if you have the machine set for 3 deep.  I will second Chris in BC's advice to bring fresh gauge bars. Over time, they bend, and vending cans four deep seems to exacerbate the problem. At busy accounts, I've had to go in and re bend the gauge bars a few times a year. I strongly recommend vending three deep. Way, way fewer problems.

Archived