Key Master info

F J Vending

I am looking at purchasing some Key Masters at a mall location. I have only dealt with triples and toy racks so I am somewhat skeptical of how much the seller is telling me the machines revenues are for the last year >4K per month (multiple machines). At our next meeting we will get into more details and I will see more verifiable documentation.

Do these machines breakdown often?

There are a couple settings that control how often someone can win, is this 100% true? I guess my ignorance about redemption games is that they were 100% skill and that someone could figure it out and clean out all of your prizes.

My other fear is dealing with malls. How often do they want new machines? I can understand them upping the rent to get a new contract but how often do they just want a different type of machine?

How would you put a value on this type of location? I have purchased several small candy and toy routes over the last 18 months and felt I properly evaluated them based on sales and equipment but I am not sure where to start with this one.

Any information from those of you that currently have these machines or other redemption machines would be appreciated.

Ask to see the mall contract. Is the guy selling because the contract is due and the mall wants more money? Most mall leases are one year, you pay a minimum base rent and if sales go over a certain amount you will owe an additional amount.

Key Masters are set to pay out at a price point or should I say if you have it set at 750, it will take that many times to get that prize. I am sure he is not BS'ing about them doing 4K a month, I have one and it roughly does 2-3K a month regularly and that is just one..

Have to make sure you have good prizes like Ipads, Beats headphones, big dollar gift cards, etc.. and you will do fine!!!

• 1 month later...

I agree with the above posters. I have a winners cube which is pretty much the same thing. Prize payout is customizable and can be changed at any time. These machines do well in mall locations. I would guess the seller is getting rid of 2-3 machines if he is pulling in 4k a month on them. These machines do not have any maintenace issues. Just keep them clean and the DBA's will fill up every week.

The machines will be fine. It's the mall rent I would worry about. Make sure to read their contract with a fine tooth comb. It should be easy on his revenues if he has to turn in meter reads on how much each machine is doing. The mall I'm in gets the meter reads of the machines every month and if there is an overage per my contract I have to pay extra above my mall rent. Mall's to me aren't the way to go because the mall gets their rent every month and if you have a slow month you are on the losing end of the deal.

Archived