AP 4500

laip51

All working well with my recent great buy AP4500.  It has the optional gum/mint vending panel. It has the product choice number buttons but no matching product names anywhere. I hate asking, because it will probably reveal my stupidity, but does anyone have an answer..

The machine displays the gum and mints in a small box that will mount behind a window where the g/m selection buttons are.  If you have a bill acceptor mounted there now then the display would be relocated to the glass area and be held in place by a bracket secured to two of the glass retaining bracket screws. There would also be replacement labels for your selection buttons to identify the newly located display items.  G/Ms are a very poor seller and I would not be concerned with trying to sell them. 

That is correct, no gum or mints out of machine, very slow seller.

I put mints in one machine because location asked for it, never again!

Complained about price of mints in machine! :angry:

When another location asked for gum, I politely said sorry I don't sell gum or mints in my machines.

I had one account where the employees requested gum and they actually bought it - I was making a big $10 a month (woo hoo) off it until the management asked me to pull it because of all the gum on the floor.  Needless to say, I was not exactly heartbroken.

Pull out your gum and mint tray - nobody buys it anymore and it just looks bad having those empty slots sitting there.

My experience with gum and lifesavers mints and candy is quite different. I'm using Big Red, Doublemint, Peppermint and Juicyfruit for gum and the old standby 5 flavor lifesaver roll. Running through a couple cases a month, not a huge seller but its steady $$.

Archived