StS Settings

Hi

I have a Royal RVCC804-9 and I have set the "StoS" to option 7.

It doesn't vend in the option 7 settings. It is supposed to be selection 1 does row 1,2 and 3. Instead selection 1 does row 1, selection 2 does row 2 and so on. All the way to selection 9 dispensing row 9.

I place a can in Row 10 and have pushed every selection and haven't got it to vend the can. Every button says sold out.

Any ideas or possible solutions? I'd prefer not to pay someone to service the machine to solve the issue.

Thank you

You may have saved the option incorrectly, read the option chart wrong and selected the wrong option or no option was selected at all.

When you decide which option you want to use, move to STS and press the ENTER button (selection 4).  You should see OPt n, where n is the current STS option selected.  To change the option, press the UP or DOWN buttons while any OPt n is on your display.  This will cycle through all 19 options.  When the option you want is on the display, then press ENTER to select it and the display will return to the "code" level.  Back out of the programming and begin testing to see if your option was properly saved. 

By the way, you said you were vending column 1 with button 2, column 2 with button 2, etc. up to column 9, but then you said all selections are showing "sold out."  These things don't happen together so if all selections are showing "sold out" you might have not actually selected a STS option at all.

defn call royal vendors and have the tech go over your CSTS and STS ratios. Sounds like something is not right. Soon it will be right and this will just be a BAD DREAM! CSTS need a tech to review and undue some one else`s programming. when you open your door do you get an ERROR code displayed

defn call royal vendors and have the tech go over your CSTS and STS ratios. Sounds like something is not right. Soon it will be right and this will just be a BAD DREAM! CSTS need a tech to review and undue some one else`s programming. when you open your door do you get an ERROR code displayed

Yes, before I get to any settings I get ERROR and have to press a certain combo of escape and enter to get to the regular menu.

AZVendor: I was vending column 1 with selection 1 - the pattern goes up to selection 9 and column 9. I can't get 10 - 12 to vend at all. To test my settings, I had an empty machine. I put one can in a column, and would press the selection button to figure out what number a column is.

I'm sure I don't need to point out the irony that VendingMaster is a noob, but I'll get there. 

Your columns are numbered 1 to 6 in the front from right to left and 7 to 12 in the back from right to left.  You will need cans in all your columns or you will need to view the bottom of all the columns so you can see which column the "rabbits" on the chains are pulling on.  It's really best to have product in the columns but you should put different flavors in each so you can tell which columns was vended. 

When you are at ERROR on the display, press your ENTER button to see if there are actually any errors recorded.  You might have a STS error indicating that you have double assigned columns or no columns assigned.

Here is a video of StS settings menu. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ACUKR2CzU

I selection option 7 like that and still get no love. Selection 1 is supposed to be column 1, 2 and 3. Selection 2 is column 4 and 5. Selection 3 is supposed to be column 6. Selection 4 is column 7. Selection 5 is column 8 and it continues in that pattern until selection 9 column 12.

Here is my experience with the error menu after the red button in a video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=He3HrUPOxEs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thank you

You should verify your column count in the CON (Configuration) menu.  Go to CON and press enter.  Now press button 2 to move down to C12 on the display.  If C12 shows a 0 then your machine is set to use 12 columns.  If C12 shows a 1 then the machine is set for 10 columns and you need to change the C12 setting.  To change C12 press ENTER and the 1 will flash.  Press select button 2 and the flashing digit will change to 0.  Press and hold ENTER and you should then see a non-flashine C12 0 on your display.

Now back out and go to SToS again and see if your OPT7 is still set.  If so then back out of the service mode and try vending again to see if this corrected the problem.

If none of this is helping the problem then you probably have a scrambled board that needs to be replaced.  One question though, have you tried any other SToS OPT settings and do any of them work in the order they should?  If not then your board must be replaced. 

Send me a PM if you need a board for this.

You should verify your column count in the CON (Configuration) menu.  Go to CON and press enter.  Now press button 2 to move down to C12 on the display.  If C12 shows a 0 then your machine is set to use 12 columns.  If C12 shows a 1 then the machine is set for 10 columns and you need to change the C12 setting.  To change C12 press ENTER and the 1 will flash.  Press select button 2 and the flashing digit will change to 0.  Press and hold ENTER and you should then see a non-flashine C12 0 on your display.

Now back out and go to SToS again and see if your OPT7 is still set.  If so then back out of the service mode and try vending again to see if this corrected the problem.

If none of this is helping the problem then you probably have a scrambled board that needs to be replaced.  One question though, have you tried any other SToS OPT settings and do any of them work in the order they should?  If not then your board must be replaced. 

Send me a PM if you need a board for this.

I'll try the CON mode advice. I have not tried any other SToS OPT settings. I'll try that as well. Scrambled board  :-[

For the con settings, there is Con 1 and 2. Con 1 is 1-9. Con 2 is 10-12. The video example is below. I set it to c120

I changed to option 5 and some completely different settings took over then what was advertised on the inside of the machine.

I changed back to option 7 and the settings were still not being followed.

Please post a photo of the STS options from your inner door.  Then please read the software version number within your programming.  The software version you have in your logic board will be shown upon power up.  The programming you are using is not matching up to typical programmming in a GIII machine and the CON setting options are from the GII (VII) GIII Non-EVS programming.  You should have KO programming but what you are describing isn't matching up so more information is needed.

Archived