Vendo 511 door switch issue

bluesea

Hello.  I have a Vendo 511 that will sometimes dispense one or two cans when I close the door of the machine.  I can hear the motor activating when this happens so I know that the door switch is linked to this problem. I have checked the cams on the motors.  They are all set properly. I believe that all of the spacer bars are correctly positioned.  I guess I just don't understand how the the door switch closing could cause one of two of the motors to turn one cycle and release a can. (sometimes one can from each of two rows at the same time)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

FYI I did post a forum question about this issues a couple of years ago and thought that I had it fixed, but not the case.  The machine recently came out of storage and now it is doing this weird door switch thing.

Thanks in advance.

Your door switch is not the issue, it simply is telling the logic board that the door is closed and the board then looks at all your motors to see if they are home (motor switch arm in a notch of each cam).  Any motor not detected to be at the home position will be activated by the board in an attempt to get them to the home position.  What you are experiencing is one or more motors are running during this process and this causes products to drop.  Presumedly those motors are then stopping in their home positions so that they then are ready to vend.  If a motor doesn't end in the home position then it will be flagged by the board and the Sold Out message will be displayed when you press that selection button. 

You need to determine if this issue occurs to the same selections each time.  If it does then you likely have bad motor switches on those motors.  If the problem is random and occurs to either all motors or different motors each time you close the door then you need to inspect the small wires exiting at the left side of your motor cover.  Those wires can be cut or damaged by the motor cover and then ground out causing issues.  The other possible cause is a bad logic board.  Record what's happening each time the door is closed then troubleshoot in the order presented above.

If you need parts to correct this problem you can PM me for information.

Bluesea, I have a Vendo 480 doing the exact same thing on two columns. It's always the same two columns. The place I used to deal with would just sell me a used motor for $25.00 which would usually fix it due to the fact that it would come with different motor switches. After 8 years of replacing motors every time this happened I finally found this forum and asked why. AZ sent me motor switches and it fixed an issue that had been going on for 8 months. The switches are much cheaper then replacing the entire motor if that is what the problem ends up being.

Are the cans dropping from the front of the machine, middle or back? This is important to know! How many cans deep is the machine set up for, 1,2,3?? Run a test vend with money, vend 9 cans. Open the door and QUICKLY watch where the can drops from, the front, the middle, the back? Any errors displayed?

Bluesea, I have a Vendo 480 doing the exact same thing on two columns. It's always the same two columns. The place I used to deal with would just sell me a used motor for $25.00 which would usually fix it due to the fact that it would come with different motor switches. After 8 years of replacing motors every time this happened I finally found this forum and asked why. AZ sent me motor switches and it fixed an issue that had been going on for 8 months. The switches are much cheaper then replacing the entire motor if that is what the problem ends up being.

And I always thought my Vendos were just giving me a little bonus for putting up with them when they did that  ;D

I've seen this caused by harness problems, too. The harness that runs to all of the motors run right alongside the delivery shelf, and sometimes it rubs up against the harness and over time can wear through it. Later Vendo models come with a plastic guard on the delivery shelf to prevent this. If new motors/switches don't help, examine the harness very closely at that point. 

I've got a Vendo 480 that occasionally says column jamb in 1 or more columns but nothing is jammed. The only way to clear it is by rotating the motor one vend by holding the motor switch out of the notch with one hand and pressing the door switch with the other. The worst part is the customer gets the sold out message and it seems as I have neglected to fill the machine. Anyone have anything on this?

Allen I have a Vendo 480 my self I picked up two years ago for a $100, deck was gone and it needed a DBA replaced.

The only problems I have with it is occasionally it will jam on column 5, (coke) this location drinks coke like crazy. I have two columns of coke,4&5, I already replaced motor and switches. It might go two months before it will jam again. (gremlins) as AngryChris says! lol!

I'm getting ready to spend some cash and buy a lager machine for location, it really needs it. Brings in almost $450 a month this time of the year.

cajun

I've got a Vendo 480 that occasionally says column jamb in 1 or more columns but nothing is jammed. The only way to clear it is by rotating the motor one vend by holding the motor switch out of the notch with one hand and pressing the door switch with the other. The worst part is the customer gets the sold out message and it seems as I have neglected to fill the machine. Anyone have anything on this?

Rule out the rear spacer adjustment.  With the products pushed against the rear spacer you should only have a finger's width of space between the front product and the sold out paddle.

Check all the wires exiting from the left side of the motor cover for any damaged wires. 

Separate and put together all harness connectors in the bottom of the door. 

Pull your motor and sold out harness connectors off the logic board and reinstall them to clean the connections.

Look for any flickering light bulbs in the door, in a nearby machine or in the ceiling that might introduce interference to the board.

Look for any green ground wires that are broken or damaged in the motor harness, in the door, from the board, etc.

If none of this is a problem then you might need to change the logic board.

Of course, it might also be the motor switches but they don't generally fail en mass.

Archived