The Best Ever 2 Week Run EVER with a Genesis combo

I just set an all time world record. For the first time in 8 years I had a Genesis combo go for 2 whole weeks with-out jamming or breaking down or taking customer's money and pulled $225.00.......Wow. On average these machines jamb or run-out of product around the $70.00 mark. The coin sorter/stacker is so bad that coins usually over-stack and jamb the coin chute and coin mech. Usually after 2 weeks I open the machine and go right to the coin stacker and unjam the mess.

hahaha. They were my very first vending machines. Like others, I too was duped into buying them. Stuck with 7 of them. You know what they say, if life gives you lemons, make margaritas.

Congrats. I double up on good sellers and keep tubes 3/4 full to avoid jams. Priced at $1, $.90, some at $.75 helps it function well.

Try wedging cardboard behind the coin mech for gravity to kick the coin into the coin ramp, then box. Best I do is $180/week with the junk- no jams.

Pm me if you need any help getting them jam-free.

I bought 3 brand new plus shipping off the internet. I still have 2 I plan on replacing with beverage machines. The degenerate dealer and manufacturer are out of business as they belong. They should be in prison for grand theft.

Congrats. I double up on good sellers and keep tubes 3/4 full to avoid jams. Priced at $1, $.90, some at $.75 helps it function well.

Try wedging cardboard behind the coin mech for gravity to kick the coin into the coin ramp, then box. Best I do is $180/week with the junk- no jams.

Pm me if you need any help getting them jam-free.

I bought 3 brand new plus shipping off the internet. I still have 2 I plan on replacing with beverage machines. The degenerate dealer and manufacturer are out of business as they belong. They should be in prison for grand theft.

More like taken out back and shot!

I'm getting ready to free up a snack machine to put in place of the pos I got at a Yard at the port, will strip it of parts and will be offering pos parts for sale!

;D  ;D  ;D

Cajun

no more pos for me!

I'm getting ready to free up a snack machine to put in place of the pos I got at a Yard at the port, will strip it of parts and will be offering pos parts for sale!

;D  ;D  ;D

Cajun

no more pos for me!

What ? You mean to tell me that you don't like machines that are fine tuned with cardboard ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

................ I wonder if AZ has the correct cardboard required to do this

What ? You mean to tell me that you don't like machines that are fine tuned with cardboard ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

................ I wonder if AZ has the correct cardboard required to do this

I getting cardboard from him tomorrow, I will try it my pos!

;D  ;D  ;D

Cardboard behind the coin mech? You sir are a genius.

All the snacks are $1.00 and the drinks .75 cents. Maybe that's too many quarters?

Thanks!

The idea is to help push the coins onto the ramp. You can even put something under the left foot of the machine to lean it to the right a bit, or glue a small plastic lip under the top of coin tube to slide the coins off. I've had to reinvent the wheel with the junk. I found that quarters were the problem I had to fix.

;D;D;D

Cajun

no more pos for me!

Yes, lol. I hope their ears keep ringing till they're deaf/dead.

A couple of my Genisis have an improved (I use this word loosely) coin stacker that have a slanted top to get the over flow of coins to slide off the stack. Even those will somehow stack quarters up till it jambs, lol.

Hey guys, new to this forum. The reason I had searched for one in the first place was because I just bought 5 of these used office delis... A month and a bit ago we bought another 6 from an individual that were all placed and doing well, all have been upgraded to guardian coin mechs and ICT bill acceptors. no issues either so far so good, seem like a great machine, not as advanced as some of my others but still making good money.

So I thought hey this other guy is selling 5 for a decent price.. Why not? 3 hardly used and two still in the box... But when I got them home I realized they are different then The other 6 we had bought. Seemed a bit cheaper, crappy little red LED display like it was from the early 90s and the bill acceptor and coin mech needed to be replaced/upgraded which I was aware of. I have since learned Genisus manufacturing and Seaga Manufacturing were contracted to make machines for that Anteras company, I was aware of the Anteras going out of business which they rightfully should've. But I didn't know there are two different modelsof this same machine.

Tomorrow I will get the serial numbers off my first 6 we bought and from there try to figure out which machines came from which company. The new ones we just bought seem even more cheap and the electronics seem like junk. I put in a new Conlux and ICT in it. But I can't seem to get the bill acceptor to work and the bottom of the Conlux doesn't line up with the machines cash Box or coin return shoute nor will it accept a loonie or Twoonie. So I took the old coin pro 3's in for an exchange but they still don't accept a 1 or 2 dollar coin.

Anyone have Any in sight on these two different models? Or why I'm having trouble with the up grades?

Sorry about the long story, I just need help figuring this out. Thanks for your time looking forward to a reply.

Welcome to the forum VitalityVending! 

This should have been posted as a new topic in the forum so it would get more attention.  It's always good to search for the topic you need help with but your new subject should always be in a new topic. 

As to your questions:  posting the serial numbers will not tell us anything about these machines.  The manufacturers you mentioned did not use meaningful serial numbers and the numbers are hard to find on some of those machines.  It would be best to post photos of examples of each machine so that our members will know exactly what machines you are speaking of.  A photo of the machine exterior, the interior with the doors open and one of your slide out panel with the coinage and the electronics on it will be very helpful in identifying your machines.  The Office Deli was a Seaga built machine with Seaga electronics.  The Genesis machine had nondescript electronics and various coinage units, so photos are very valuable when speaking of these machines and the differences between them.

• 8 months later...

Is this the thread that I get to talk about my Genisis GO-380 ultimate combo vending machine of all time? Well, I was kinda thinking it was the end for the seven of them after Genisis abruptly unplugged their phone line. However, good news, I found a guy on ebay selling parts cheap. So I buy a brand new coin mech and put it in a machine and it wouldn't accept any coins. In the past, Genisis always just sent me another one. I get on ebay and request a return. The ebayer says since its brand new it probably just needs tuning. He sends me the tuning instructions and I first tune the old one I was about to replace and it works. So I stick the new one in and without tuning it, it works. Dang! I must've bought 6 of these over the years for over $100 each. The tech guy at Genisis said there was nothing to clean or adjust on them, they either work or they don't. smh.

Allen, could you send me the tuning instructions please.  I didn't know that could be done.  I also need to see which coin mech this works with so a photo would be great.

Is this the thread that I get to talk about my Genisis GO-380 ultimate combo vending machine of all time? Well, I was kinda thinking it was the end for the seven of them after Genisis abruptly unplugged their phone line. However, good news, I found a guy on ebay selling parts cheap. So I buy a brand new coin mech and put it in a machine and it wouldn't accept any coins. In the past, Genisis always just sent me another one. I get on ebay and request a return. The ebayer says since its brand new it probably just needs tuning. He sends me the tuning instructions and I first tune the old one I was about to replace and it works. So I stick the new one in and without tuning it, it works. Dang! I must've bought 6 of these over the years for over $100 each. The tech guy at Genisis said there was nothing to clean or adjust on them, they either work or they don't. smh.

Allen

I got lucky and sold that Go-380 I got for "free" after using it for two years.

It never gave me trouble, and I actually made money with it! lol!

Put a AP machine in its place along with a Royal 650.

cajun 

Allen, could you send me the tuning instructions please.  I didn't know that could be done.  I also need to see which coin mech this works with so a photo would be great.

Tuning procedures – blue acceptor for quarters
1. With power on, slide the switch that is directly under the white connector down to set.
2. Press the small black button that is next to the display three time so the display is 03.
3. Insert 20 different quarters. Each should come out the front and generate a tone/beep.
4. Slide the switch up to start.
5. Test by inserting quarters – a +90% acceptance rate is expected.

If you need to tune nickels and dimes just put a nickel in and see what the side read-out is. I think it is "01" and dimes are "02" and follow the same routine.

I can't remember how to post a picture. :unsure:

Allen

I got lucky and sold that Go-380 I got for "free" after using it for two years.

It never gave me trouble, and I actually made money with it! lol!

Put a AP machine in its place along with a Royal 650.

cajun 

I'm not giving up on mine till the last one flat-lines. My all-time record pull was $215.00. It was pretty much empty except for a couple trail bars and no coin jamb. The coin sorter is one of my biggest problems with it. Oh yeah, and there's the part about once a small chip is vended you can't open the door to get it out without having to pop the bag open.

Archived