Firmware update on a Royal 804 & AP113

I have several of USA technologies Eport credit card readers in a few of my machines including in a Royal 804 and a AP 113.

All transactions both cash and credit are working fine and the credit transactions are being received by usa tech servers. The cash transactions are not being received and USA tech said everything appears good on their end with cash reporting turned on and with us resetting a couple of times.

They stated the machines might need firmware updates. What are these, where can I get them and how do I go about doing this?

The firmware updates are in new Eproms you can get for the main logic board in the machine.  Do you have your USAT modem DEX phono plug plugged in to any phono jacks in your machines?

The Royal was MDB capable from the factory and might have even had a DEX phono jack in it already.  If not, the DEX cable is available.

The AP113 was not originally MDB capable though you could get DEX data out of it by using an optional cable.  In order to use MDB on an AP113 you have to either put a MDB conversion on it or an aftermarket board - which did you do?.  If a conversion and you're still using the factory board then you need a DEX cable from the factory in order for USAT to extract the DEX data.  This cable will terminate in a phono plug that your USAT modem cable will plug into but you might still need a newer Eprom.

If the 113 has an aftermarket board in it then it should have had a DEX cable or port from the logic board.  If you still need new firmware for it you will need to contact the board supplier.

Even though USAT should be able to tell you which version chips you need, they are very weak in some tech support areas so you can't always rely on them for all the information you need.

PM me if you need the DEX cables or the Eproms.

The Royal III 804 has a connection for dex as well that I have plugged the Eport into as well.  I am assuming I need to call USAT to determine which eprom I need to put into the 804 to make it compatible?

If it has a DEX cable plug make sure the other end is actually plugged into the logic board.  The G3 manual only speaks to using that plug with a Hand Held Computer, HHC, to adjust prices and STS settings.  It mentions using it for MIS data, sales figures etc, but I don't know if that includes extracting DEX data.  If you cable is connected then ask USAT for how to extract the data.  You should know your Eprom version from the G3 when contacting USAT.

Archived