Coinco does not stay on

I have a single price Vendo coke machine, with a Coinco mech. When I plug in the drink machine, the LED on the Coinco lights up for a 1/4 of a second then goes out. Of course now coins just pass through.

I had someone suggest it might be the relay or the machine thinks it still has credits. I don't know what is keeping that Coinco from staying on.

Anyone suggestions?

Then you have a problem with your vend circuit.  Look for a jammed column, a loose connection on a motor switch or a selection switch, bad harness connectors in the bottom of the door, damaged wires where they exit from the left side of the motor cover or a bad motor switch(es).

Make sure each motor is home with the short switch arm in the motor cam notch and the long arm on the high side of the cam.  You can manually run each motor by lifting the short arm out of the notch to start the motor.  If any particular motor causes the coin mech to begin working again then that motor switch is bad.  If you set a credit and then nothing will vend, you have an open vend circuit and manually running any motor will erase the credit.  In that case you are looking for a bad/loose connection somewhere or a bad switch as the vend circuit flows through all the selection and motor switches.

Single price Vendo? Follow AZ's advice there. You're probably specifically looking for one of the microswitches on the vend motors. ( There are two on each. ) It's usually the inner one that causes that problem. If the outer one goes, it will dump the column and jam it all up.

I know this is a "stupid question", but is there soda in the machine?  Enough at least to press one or more of the sold out paddles in?  If not, then that is your problem.  People laugh when I ask them that question often, but the rest of the time, it ends up being the problem.

Yes, full of soda since I am not selling any. Perhaps a paddle is not working?

I will try the other suggestions posted here tomorrow, and do a follow up. I have a suspicion about the switches as this machine has jammed and even vended 2 items at a time, according to the last location I had it.

If you had these complaints in the last location and they weren't fixed then you likely have the same problem now.  I would look for a motor not at home due to a bad motor brake that has allowed the motor to coast past the home position.  This might require replacement of the affected motor.

Figured it out! There are 6 wires that connect to each motor. Just one of the wires was not in contact. I almost missed it because the small rubber sheath gave the appearance of connecting, but the wire inside was not in contact with the motor.

Thanks to everyone for helping me look in the right places.

Also thank you AZ for showing me how to manually test each motor, because at first only 2 of the motors would test. Because of the disconnected wire on the 2nd motor, the last 4 did not work. Now they all work!

Archived