Locator services

ajdistro

This thread is just going downhill (friends are going to defend each other no matter the circumstances).  I'm going to stay off vendiscuss for a week, let everyone cool down, and hopefully steve will have responded by then and I can get my money back.

I'm going to stay off vendiscuss for a week, let everyone cool down, and hopefully steve will have responded by then and I can get my money back.

I think that's a good idea....although no one but you seems to need to "cool down".

Friends of this forum, we have to remember that TVF is a mom-and-pop business.

Many of our vending companies are mom-and-pops... most of us can accept an absence.

If you have ever had to step-away from the business or ignore a few locations for a little bit because LIFE got in the way, then you should understand when a TVF leader need to be away for a bit.

If, on the other hand, you have NEVER had to step away because your life has been nothing but rainbows and sunshine all the time, then good for you.

You are truly more blessed than most.

Friends of this forum, we have to remember that TVF is a mom-and-pop business.

Many of our vending companies are mom-and-pops... most of us can accept an absence.

Agreed on the above quote.

Now on the second part about life being about rainbows you may enjoy this (the one time I can actually work this in for an appropriate situation). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA.%C2'>

I seem to have opened a can of worms.

For the record I had great luck with LRU and TVF thru the mediation service.

Sorry to hear that setup didn't last, but I understand.

Meantime, I still need many new locations.

I think I may do a litmus test of LRU vs. First Choice and see who produces what, responds to my emails, and such.

I'll order a couple of locations from each and post my results in another thread.

I know this has been done, but it seems these locators go thru changes and growing pains. This should at least give an indication of their overall efficiency today.

And of course, my mileage may vary....

Wait... do these locators still exist? Are any of them still in business?

I wanted to test them and post results.

Locators R US seems to have increased their prices? If I am remembering correctly...

First Choice is nowhere to be found. The website isn't working...

Any suggestions for companies to review? Prime?

I know this has been done, but it seems these locators go thru changes and growing pains. This should at least give an indication of their overall efficiency today.

And of course, my mileage may vary....

Changes?  Yes!  But more like climate changes.  Specifically, extreme drought!  Many cities have become drought areas for tele-locators with fewer locations and oasis cities left to pick.  Some may say that tele-locating of bulk machines has run its course in most towns.  In person locating may be a better option as bulk machine tele-locators continue to bite the dust.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: First Choice finally came though on my remaining 3 locations. I gave them some more zip codes and they delivered.  

I may need to go out further on my route. Of course gas prices are a concern. If it costs me $10.00 to drive to a location and back, I want to have a group of them to make it worth my while.  For example: A 60 mile roundtrip costs me about $10.00 in gas. 

• 2 weeks later...

Changes? Yes! But more like climate changes. Specifically, extreme drought! Many cities have become drought areas for tele-locators with fewer locations and oasis cities left to pick. Some may say that tele-locating of bulk machines has run its course in most towns. In person locating may be a better option as bulk machine tele-locators continue to bite the dust.

This is pretty true for my area. I can't locate in my own area by phone. I get people I help out way better locations than I can for myself! I have to go in person.

The Willamette valley in Oregon is so saturated.

I have been getting pretty good response of in person and cousin stuff though.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used Ned aka H20gator lately?  He did good for me a while back.

He requires up front payment. I've had good luck with him, another member on here has not. If you choose to use him assume once you send the money it's gone for good. It's a roll of the dice so to speak but the locations he's secured for me have been above LRU and he's scored some locations that others both on and off of TVF have failed to even secure one location. For me he's worked, but at the same time it's a roll of the dice so if you are down to your last dollars using the bootstrapping method of growth, don't use him and seek others first.

Rodney is great on here and I would suggest using him first. Hopefully that helps. Good luck and God speed. 

Archived