is this worth my time?

So I purchased this today and it costed me $125 delivered to my door. Everything seems to work flawlessly except the coin mech. Also he said the machine was left behind by pepsi and therefore doesnt have a key for the lock (yet it was unlocked?). A guy I know will replace the mech for $50. So just gotta find a lock/key replacement. I'll post pics in a bit. Was in GREAT shape for the price so overall I am happy with it. W

So I purchased this today and it costed me $125 delivered to my door. Everything seems to work flawlessly except the coin mech. Also he said the machine was left behind by pepsi and therefore doesnt have a key for the lock (yet it was unlocked?). A guy I know will replace the mech for $50. So just gotta find a lock/key replacement. I'll post pics in a bit. Was in GREAT shape for the price so overall I am happy with it. W

Great deal - if you don't already have keyed alike locks go with the Medco locks (virtually unpickable)  They cost more but are definitly worth it, I get mine from LSI.  Odd how some people will virtually give stuff away rather than doing the easy fixes you're looking at.  Hopefully Pepsi doesn't still own this machine.

That's an old Vendo single price machine so Pepsi may not have actually owned it, though I can't speak to all Pepsi operations. Hopefully you got a bill of sale with the sellers name and address on it in case you're ever told the machine was stolen.

That's an old Vendo single price machine so Pepsi may not have actually owned it, though I can't speak to all Pepsi operations. Hopefully you got a bill of sale with the sellers name and address on it in case you're ever told the machine was stolen.

Yes I asked and was generously given a bill of sale with all info you mentioned plus phone number/ work contact info. Is it a decent machine AZ?

If it has vend rotors under each column that the cans are dispensed from, then yes it's a good machine. If it has what's called "lowering shelves" along the inside walls of the wide columns, then no it could be very problematic. The lowering shelf vend mechanisms wear out after all these years and they aren't adjustable or replaceable so you would end up not using any column that doesn't vend correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived