Craigslist Ad Evaluation

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/bfs/4489929515.html

Hi, please check out the Craigslist ad.

I am going with the vendor to check the location out tomorrow. I know the area well and live close.

I know where to get the supplies. 

Main thought running in my head is that I called, and there is no contract on the location. 1) How sound is a location with  no contract? Of course they will be maintained at an awesome level of service. I will be asking the person in charge if he is ok with the sale of the machines and the expectancy the machines can stay there.  

I have an idea in my head that once a vending machine(s) move in, it is like moving into a new house, you do not expect to move into a different house in the next few years. 

I will also be watching the owner service the machines. Particularly, I am highly interested in the amount of money he pulls out of the machines. 

The owner will be providing me with his supplier for snacks and what not. 

2) What are your opinions on the machines? AP should be sound and I can't find anything on Google for the Vendo Mini V-Max that is helpful. I figure Vendo is good because I saw a Pepsi operated Vendo V630 machine at a train station. 

No commission! Winning! I'm so excited!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/bfs/4489929515.html

Hi, please check out the Craigslist ad.

I am going with the vendor to check the location out tomorrow. I know the area well and live close.

I know where to get the supplies. 

Main thought running in my head is that I called, and there is no contract on the location. 1) How sound is a location with  no contract? Of course they will be maintained at an awesome level of service. I will be asking the person in charge if he is ok with the sale of the machines and the expectancy the machines can stay there.  

I have an idea in my head that once a vending machine(s) move in, it is like moving into a new house, you do not expect to move into a different house in the next few years. 

I will also be watching the owner service the machines. Particularly, I am highly interested in the amount of money he pulls out of the machines. 

The owner will be providing me with his supplier for snacks and what not. 

2) What are your opinions on the machines? AP should be sound and I can't find anything on Google for the Vendo Mini V-Max that is helpful. I figure Vendo is good because I saw a Pepsi operated Vendo V630 machine at a train station. 

No commission! Winning! I'm so excited!

Looks to be a decent deal IF he can verify his sales numbers.  From the picture, I can't figure why he's so focused on the smaller machines - seems like there's plenty of space to the left for some larger equipment.  Note; white collar accounts usually are not great locations.  I wouldn't worry too much about a contract - most accounts of this size don't use contracts.

Cool. I'm going to meet him there and see how much money comes out of the machines. If it grosses over 400 I'll likely buy it. He said he is willing to negotiate on price, he said something like "My partner doesn't care if we go under 2400"

Unless he lets you count the money and shows a route card or something similar you won't be able to determine how much it grossed or in what period of time.  Just seeing him pull some bills and dump some change won't tell you anything.

As for the machines, they are good machines.  The Vendo will be a V540 if it's a Vmax and though they are commonly found, they do hold a lot of product.  I can see the door next to them so I would guess that may be why the narrow machines are there, but for only 40 employees the are probably overkill.  Look to see if this is in a public area and if it's a high traffic office.  Please realize that while the machines are worth his asking price (see if he'll include the product and coin mech inventory), $40-60 per week per machine is not good volume for that investment.  Don't be surprised if the sales are lower and you end up moving the machines somewhere else.  I can guarantee you that if these machines did $100 per week he would not be selling them.   If you stock them right you can extend your service schedule to 3 weeks on this kind of volume, though you say you live in the area and new vendors always over service their machines (a good thing).

Im not sure counting the money is a great backup ive seen vendors leave extra weeks or go before and put in more cash before you go. Either way try to get it as low as possible, id offer about 1800 for both

You only need a bill of sale from the seller including the model number and serial number of the machine.  The seller should include his address so you can find him if the sale isn't legitimate. 

Did not make an offer.

The soda machine had $34 in it and the snack machine had $134. Most of the snack rows were still stocked - 4 or 5 were sold out. Last service was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Good job - that's the deal with the white collar accounts, most of them are a big waste of time and resources.  Stay patient,  good accounts do come along but not often.  Don't build your house on the sand.

Archived