Hello, OCS guy new to forums :o)

davekro

Hello all,

First let me say thank you to the originator(s). moderators and enthusiastic participants for creating this helpful forum. I have been in Vending and OCS since 1984, but recently shifted out of vending to now focus just on office coffee.

What brought me searching for compadres in the industry, is that I just started using some higher end super automatic espresso machines made by HLF. While I have been using the Colibri LX (and Saeco DA7P prior to those) for many years, these HLF's are a differrent animal. While they produce a higher quality beverage, have better selection variety and software than the Colibri and Saeco's, I am finding a few mechanical design issues as well as under capacity powder bins perplexing.

I posted a new thread on HLF's hoping others who've been here with higher end OCS espresso machines can give me insights into these and other similar machines. I miss knowing my equipment inside and out, though I AM learning by fire on these.  ;o)

Way more than I intended on my 'hello' note, but hello and thank you.  ;D

Dave

Ultimate Perks

S.F. Bay Area (Northern CA)

Hello all,

First let me say thank you to the originator(s). moderators and enthusiastic participants for creating this helpful forum. I have been in Vending and OCS since 1984, but recently shifted out of vending to now focus just on office coffee.

What brought me searching for compadres in the industry, is that I just started using some higher end super automatic espresso machines made by HLF. While I have been using the Colibri LX (and Saeco DA7P prior to those) for many years, these HLF's are a differrent animal. While they produce a higher quality beverage, have better selection variety and software than the Colibri and Saeco's, I am finding a few mechanical design issues as well as under capacity powder bins perplexing.

I posted a new thread on HLF's hoping others who've been here with higher end OCS espresso machines can give me insights into these and other similar machines. I miss knowing my equipment inside and out, though I AM learning by fire on these.  ;o)

Way more than I intended on my 'hello' note, but hello and thank you.  ;D

Dave

Ultimate Perks

S.F. Bay Area (Northern CA)

Hello and welcome to TVF and glad to have you aboard. We don't have have many guys around that do OCS exclusively, most of us do it as a sideline to our soda/snack business so your experiences and perspectives will be most welcome.

Mission, by chance do you happen to be aware of any forums that are more OCS focused?

Thank you,

Dave

I'm afraid not, but if we can generate some discussions then it'd be real easy to create a OCS section, like the amusements or other areas

I'm afraid not, but if we can generate some discussions then it'd be real easy to create a OCS section, like the amusements or other areas

I'd love to see an OCS forum, so yes, let's see what kind of interest is shown. Do you mind if I post a question (new topic) so those interested in an OCS link/tab can chime in? Or, maybe if more appropriate, you might post  the question.

Thanks for considering the idea. 

Dave

I'd love to see an OCS forum, so yes, let's see what kind of interest is shown. Do you mind if I post a question (new topic) so those interested in an OCS link/tab can chime in? Or, maybe if more appropriate, you might post  the question.

Thanks for considering the idea. 

Dave

Feel free to post and ask about it. Like everyone else here we have other jobs and we can always use some help with members that are willing to step up and help out with a project.

I think it would be a great idea to have a OCS section.. I know there are not many OCS operators on here but having a OCS tab mite help generate more interest & make it easier for people to find information regarding OCS.

The only problem I see is if moondog see's this he mite want you to add a beer discussion section too..   ;D  ;D  ;D

I think it would be a great idea to have a OCS section.. I know there are not many OCS operators on here but having a OCS tab mite help generate more interest & make it easier for people to find information regarding OCS.

The only problem I see is if moondog see's this he mite want you to add a beer discussion section too..   ;D  ;D  ;D

He has already asked at least a half dozen times...... and don't even get started on what cajun wants to talk about......

He has already asked at least a half dozen times...... and don't even get started on what cajun wants to talk about......

I can only imagine what Cajun wants to talk about.. probably something to do with Decks!!  ;D

I thought the whole forum was a beer discussion site  ;D  ;D  ;D

Sounds like we're damned if we do and damned if we don't Cajun  ;D  Odd how these threads get so off course, I thought this was supposed to be about OSC.  What we really need is a down under section where Kiwi and Reel can hurl insults at each other.  Falls seems to avoid those sessions.

I can only imagine what Cajun wants to talk about.. probably something to do with Decks!!  ;D

Well first it was a discussion area on how to raise pet gators, then he wanted to talk about how to catch and cook nutria http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coypu

and more recently it been about how to fix swamp boats  ;D ;D

All

I was ask about coffee in the training school where I have my vending machine, Community Coffee is served there, with employees having to make pots of coffee all day long, so is it profitable to look into?

I can talk about more than just "decks", crawfish, gators, moonshine and shooting scumbags!

sterb154.gif

cajun

All

I was ask about coffee in the training school where I have my vending machine, Community Coffee is served there, with employees having to make pots of coffee all day long, so is it profitable to look into?

I can talk about more than just "decks", crawfish, gators, moonshine and shooting scumbags!

sterb154.gif

cajun

Is there anything you don't want to talk about ?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Office coffee service.

What mission really meant to say was "Open Container Slowly" 

But I'm going to stay on the subject of coffee.

My old percolator pot has a hole in it, what can I use besides gray tape or alweld glue?

This coffee pot is at the camp, not the house.

cajun

Archived