An important question for all of you honor box people.

I've been in the honor box business for about a year now. I use the acryllic boxes with charity stickers and I do it full time, currently I have around 400 accounts and its worked great for me. I'm looking to relocate possibly to Atlanta, Charlotte or even Cincinatti or Nashville with this business because I feel within my soul that it's time for me to move forward and begin a new journey in my life. I think it might be best for me to just simply pick up all of the boxes that I have, rent a Ryder truck and go to whatever city and rebuild. I figure that it might be much more of a hassle to try and sell this particular business that I have where I currently am because during the time it takes to do all that, reorder boxes, etc I could be off somewhere else in an even larger place and be making much more money with them. I know that I can find new locations (that are probably even much better) for all of my boxes inside of a month. I've already done that here where I currently live now. I've been told by other people that I'm the best locator they have ever seen before.

Anyway, I wanted to ask any of you who might know, among the cities that I've listed, do you think these are good or bad areas for this particular type of business and why? Are there any other cities that you might recommend? Your comments, whatever your feelings are, would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Can you let us in on what your pitch is when locating?  I assume it's more of a charity angle.  Also, are you doing York with these boxes?

Last question....might as well put them all here.  And this has to do with possibly selling this route.  What are your monthly sales from these 400 boxes?   If you don't want to get specific how about a range....above X and below X.  Someone on here could probably tell you what you could get out of this route.

If that route came available in my area and you could show me documented proof of sales then I can tell you that I would be very, very interested.  Taking that cash can get you started in your new city.  If you have things documented and you are legit then it shouldn't be too hard to sell this route.

Ah, I just went back.  You have your son out there locating with you.  Got it.

I've been in the honor box business for about a year now. I use the acryllic boxes with charity stickers and I do it full time, currently I have around 400 accounts and its worked great for me. I'm looking to relocate possibly to Atlanta, Charlotte or even Cincinatti or Nashville with this business because I feel within my soul that it's time for me to move forward and begin a new journey in my life. I think it might be best for me to just simply pick up all of the boxes that I have, rent a Ryder truck and go to whatever city and rebuild. I figure that it might be much more of a hassle to try and sell this particular business that I have where I currently am because during the time it takes to do all that, reorder boxes, etc I could be off somewhere else in an even larger place and be making much more money with them. I know that I can find new locations (that are probably even much better) for all of my boxes inside of a month. I've already done that here where I currently live now. I've been told by other people that I'm the best locator they have ever seen before.

Anyway, I wanted to ask any of you who might know, among the cities that I've listed, do you think these are good or bad areas for this particular type of business and why? Are there any other cities that you might recommend? Your comments, whatever your feelings are, would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Careful what you wish for - along with the greener pastures comes a higher cost of living, though none of the places you've mentioned are considered that expensive compared to LA, Frisco or New York City.

Why not take a few long weekends and visit the cities to check out the lay of the land yourself before you pull the trigger on a move. You know best what kinds of accounts work best for you.

As for picking up boxes or selling the route, that is a difficult decision. If you have good documentation then it certainly has more value than if it doesn't. I guess it would come down to timing. If it was me then once you decide where to move and when its going to happen put it up for sale, if you don't have a buyer by the time you plan to move then service all the accounts, pack up and move, then go back and pick up the boxes. That will give you the boxes and a bankroll to establish youself in the new city.

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Your right treadmill. That's about what I'm pulling in. Just out of curiosity treadmill, Do you know if there is anyone in the Charlotte or Atlanta area now who has a large charity honor box business currently running? I much prefer to go where I won't have to deal with much competition.

Your right treadmill. That's about what I'm pulling in. Just out of curiosity treadmill, Do you know if there is anyone in the Charlotte or Atlanta area now who has a large charity honor box business currently running? I much prefer to go where I won't have to deal with much competition.

I know of one in the Winston-Salem area who is a member on here. He goes by Harvending as his screen name.

• 2 weeks later...

treadmill, what type of vending does the best for you? (I take it you do other types of vending also)

At present I only do the mint honor boxes. I use to do Shootin hoops gumball machines but sold it about a year ago. I guess I need to change my sig line.

Archived