Craigslist Ad

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/app/4523014428.html

Hi, here  is a link to the ad. 

It is a couple machines in a Bank of America branch. 

How reliable is it that the machines are in a big bank? I feel like someone at the top would need to have signed off on the machines.

What are your opinions on the machines themselves?

I asked how much they gross and if possible i will go with the owner to service the machines and count the money.

Thank you

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/app/4523014428.html

Hi, here  is a link to the ad. 

It is a couple machines in a Bank of America branch. 

How reliable is it that the machines are in a big bank? I feel like someone at the top would need to have signed off on the machines.

What are your opinions on the machines themselves?

I asked how much they gross and if possible i will go with the owner to service the machines and count the money.

Thank you

Older equipment - the snack machine is an old Rowe (good machine but out of business).  I'd pass on any of these white collar accounts - nothing worse than having your machines sit idle while the secretaries stock the lunch room with free baked goods.

I just sold several snack (Automatic Products 6600 and 112, 4 wide) and two Vendo 480 Soda machines. I can tell you what anyone in the business knows. Most vendors have lots of snack machines in storage. Less soda machines (because most get their from Coke or Pepsi), but soda machines are still cheaper than snacks.  I just sold 3 good AP snacks for $1500. So $500 each is the fire sale great price. $600 shoild be findable. $700... I wouldn't pay more than unless the machine is say less than 8 years old and in great condition. Don't be afraid to offer a lot less and be willing to walk away.  Good soda machines can be had for =/- $500. I should qualify this info. This is in a big metro area SF Bay Area, so their are tons of vendors with excess equipment.

You should ask ahead of time (and he should be able to tell you) the brand and model of each machine and its age, how well the bill validator is working, etc.

Good luck.

OMG, I jus remembered you said BANK. I had one once. it was terrible. Ask how close (same floor?) the equipment/break room is from the main body of employees. If it is multiple floors, strongly dicounted the head count not on the same floor. 

If it were me, I'd be scouring Craig's list for other equipment to compar it to. Do not worry about missing out on this transaction. The account is next to useless. He is likely hoping to seel as a package to not have to move the equipment. As someone else said. He is selling the account and equipment becuase it is not worth having (lousy account, old equipment). If you decide you want to consider trying this account/equipment, only do so for a steep drop from what he is asking. Certaily not more than $900 for the equipment. And probably no more for the account included. You may well find that you have acquired a candy 'aging machine' not selling machine. I can tell you it takes more time to rotate out chips to keep current than just filling.... And you make no money!

I inherited a bank with my original route purchase, and I can tell you that it was absolutely not worth doing. I think 1 month it had like $10 sales (soda only). At first I was just servicing it like once every 2 months, but at the first sign of a problem (bill validator) I pulled the machine. The price of the validator would absolutely cancel out any profit for the next few years.

You need to keep looking man - just understand that most locations for sale are somebodies' dog account they're trying to dump (like this one)  This is definitely a patience game and after awhile you'll get the hang of what to even consider before spending your time going to look at some of these accounts.

Have never say a bank that was worth the money.

A friend of mine had a manual snack in a local bank. Since banks won't except Canadian coins the bank employees would use them in her machine and when she tried to get them to exchange them they wouldn't. It wasn't accessible to the public so the employees were the only ones that had access. Talk about chicken XXXX.

Archived