trucks

orsd

So I might be renting a truck to pickup some equipment

Probably gonna be a budget, and it more than likely gonna be an international 4900 with a 24 or 26 foot box

problem is, im going to have to stop a a chicken coop along the way so i need to pay attention to the weight and distribution thereof.

So, anybody know where the bulk of the weight should be centered so i don't go over on any one axle (truck has 1 single steer axle, and 1 dually axle)

also, anyone have the weights of the most common soda and snack machines?

So I might be renting a truck to pickup some equipment

Probably gonna be a budget, and it more than likely gonna be an international 4900 with a 24 or 26 foot box

problem is, im going to have to stop a a chicken coop along the way so i need to pay attention to the weight and distribution thereof.

So, anybody know where the bulk of the weight should be centered so i don't go over on any one axle (truck has 1 single steer axle, and 1 dually axle)

also, anyone have the weights of the most common soda and snack machines?

Best way to stop a chicken coop is to fry the rooster.  But seriously figure 650 lbs per snack machine and 750 per soda machine - the weights you see listed always include packing and pallets which you won't be using.

Those trucks are registered at less than 26,000 Gross so you can drive them without any special CDL license.  You shouldn't have to stop anywhere unless you are renting something larger or qualify for something else that I am not aware of.

We move vending machines at $100 per machine, in Middle TN. There are a few rules of thumb we follow:

1. Drinks are heavier than snack machines.

2. Bulk of weight should be toward the front of the truck.

3. If you can not perfectly balance the weight, make sure there is more weight on the left side of the truck (to compensate for the curvature of the road leaning slightly right for water drainage... back roads can be the worst for this).

Archived