help me with this machine

There is a vendo soda machine for sale locally, and the photo in the ad is not a straight on view, so its hard to tell what it is exactly. I asked him if it was multiprice and he said that it was, and he sent me a picture of the id tag (v475), but a v475 is single price. I then asked him if it had a digital readout that displays prices when a selection is pressed and he said that it did. What machine is this? Thanks in advance for your replies.

post-4798-0-80793100-1403107636_thumb.jpg

post-4798-0-25254400-1403107746_thumb.jpg

another thing that is weird to me about it is that i see that a v475 should be an 8 selection machine, but this one is a 9 (the best that i can tell). I think I need him to send me a better straight on picture.

Jerry,  I think that is probably a multiprice machine.  That's based on it having 9 selection buttons and since it's a Coke machine and Coke always slaves two columns together, those 9 buttons should control 10 columns.  While this isn't a V511 (3 deep), since it says it's a model 444 (curious) it is probably a 2 deep 10 column machine and should be multiprice.  The Basic Unit of V475W is the cabinet size, though the W puzzles me leading to this:  The only thing you need to find out is if it has a plastic serpentine rack.  If it has the plastic rack that means it's a Total Sales Manager machine and you don't want it.  The plastic racks are for cans only and the plastic motors that actually vend two columns each are very weak.  If you do look at the machine please post photos of it inside and out so we can see what it really is.

The Basic Unit of V475W is the cabinet size, though the W puzzles me leading to this:

wow even Randy is at least a little puzzled by this machine haha, I don't feel so bad now. Anyway, yeah I will need more pictures before I even go look at it. I will post them when I get them.

Even if it's a Sales Manager machine, if the price is right, $100 to $150, you will still get a Coinco validator, a coin mech, a Vendo 5.1 logic board and a Vendo cooling unit out of it if you find out it doesn't work very well.  I even have new motors for the Sales Manager if they were needed.  It all depends on how you look at it - and what the price is.  The Sales Manager machines are also very light and easy to move.  No, I'm not trying to sell you on it. :rolleyes:

he has agreed to $200 on the price, and says that 3 selections don't work. Thats not a big deal as long as its a conventional style vendo machine, but not so sure about the sales manager thing :unsure:

Even if it's a Sales Manager machine, if the price is right, $100 to $150, you will still get a Coinco validator, a coin mech, a Vendo 5.1 logic board and a Vendo cooling unit out of it if you find out it doesn't work very well.  I even have new motors for the Sales Manager if they were needed.  It all depends on how you look at it - and what the price is.  The Sales Manager machines are also very light and easy to move.  No, I'm not trying to sell you on it. :rolleyes:

There we go again..... parts for every machine EVER made available at AZVendor.... :)

That is a Sales Manager machine like I thought.  It's unusual to see it in Coke graphics as most were generic and not many were sold to bottlers.  It's even unique to see the loading rack is painted red.  I don't think you'll like the machine and I would offer a lowball price to take it off his hands and just use the parts off of it if you have other Vendo machines out there.

• 6 months later...

Archived