Vendo V4880P that has started showing “Sold Out”

I have a Vendo V4880P that has started showing  “Sold Out” in one of the columns when it still has plenty of products.

I checked the sold out switch and the motor carrier switch and both were working fine.

While checking things out I noticed that the motor did not cycle back into the home position notch.

I pressed the door button and the motor would try to return home, but would stop like it was jammed.

I took out all of the cans to see if there might be a jam … but there was no jam.

Double-checked the clearance on the back spacer and it was fine.

Then I remover the motor from the vend bucket and the bucket turned without any problem; there was no drag it turned freely.

I reinstalled everything and made three vends with money to fill the bucket then made three more vends and it cycled and filled the bucket again.. But this time the motor did not cycle back into the home position notch.

And the “Sold Out” message came back on. So I am back where I started.

How can I fix this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum circlej2.  I like the flag.

It sounds like your gate link is worn out and the rotor is jamming against the gate link.  When you pulled the motor off did you hear a clunk as the rotor freed itself?  If so then the gate link is the likely problem. 

I have these in stock if you need one.  Just send me a PM.

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I did not hear a clunk when I removed the motor, but I was not listening for a clunk.

What is the price on the gate link (plus shipping)? One more question what is a PM?

This is the first forum I have been on

Thanks again.

PM is private message, very much like email only it stays within the site. Look up at the top left where you can see your user name when logged in, next to it is a small envelope symbol, click on it and it will take you to your pm box where you can send and recieve messages from other members.

I have the gate links in stock. I always recommend that members send me a PM for parts prices (hover on my screen name and the option to send a PM will show) so that it won't start a price competion (it has happened).

Manually run motor by pressing the motor switch down and the push the inner door switch. It should run. Sometimes the board will see this selection still jammed. Or do a motor test if that won't work.  

Archived