Need help with a La Crosse Pepsi soda machine.

I have a 62 Lacrosse pepsi machine. The first issue is getting the light working. Replaced the balast and bulb and still not working. I get 120v on one side but barely nothing on the other side. What do I need to do next? My next issue is replacing the thermostat. The soda machine works but the compressor never shuts off. So I have orderd the replacement thermostat and recieved it today. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you find and replace the starters for your lamps?

The symptom for a stuck on thermostat is frozen soda eventually the evap coil will freeze over with clear ice not frost.

It is likely you will need a refrigeration repair if the coils are clean and the fans are running.

Also any machine this old is a safety concern. Please do not operate this machine unless it is plugged into a GFCI ( Ground Fault Circuit interrupter) with a real ground. Also be sure that the cord is in good condition bend the cord to a one inch radius to the left then to right if the cord makes any sound or cracks it must be replaced.

In the unlikely event the cord passes be sure the ground pin is present and in good condition. 

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-30-and-40-Watt-Fluorescent-Lamp-Starters-2-Pack-FS-4/100493839

Walta

Walta is correct about the wiring on these older machines... Lots of bare wires........ You will not be able to find a new wiring harness for these machines.

I have in the past used a brand new Dixie Narco wiring harness and adapted to these vendors. Same concept just have to know which wires go where.

Cold control still the same

Evaporator still the same

Compressor still the same

Use the stack plug (round plug) to power coin mech lights etc. I would use these and also change out condenser fan motor. Check the evaporator for brittle wires going into motor also. It will be a lot easier to do this when changing out harness. The wires will fray next to the motor housings so look at them real good...

Respect electricity and it will respect you...

At 52 years old it is  likely  not so much about a vending machine as it is about nostalgia of a this machine as a collector’s item. 

Walta

At 52 years old it is  likely  not so much about a vending machine as it is about nostalgia of a this machine as a collector’s item. 

Walta

Good point Walt - I guess I'm not much of a collector.

• 1 year later...

Archived