Leave behinds when locating for yourself

loach33

I was looking in the downloads section for something on this and I found the cover letter that I believe Caserri posted.  I'm wondering what you leave behind or send in the mail when you make that first contact with a potential new business.

I would assume it would be a simple letter and a one sheet flier that has a few pictures and some info on your business.  Does anyone want to post what yours looks like?

What I was thinking was that if I walk into a business, I'm going to see the person at the front desk.  I'll ask who is the decision maker, they will say he/she is not available and then I'll leave behind some info on my business.  A business card would do but really, that will end up in the trash pretty fast.

So, instead what do you leave behind when you're locating?

A brochure substantially larger than a business card would bring you substantially greater chances of the information not ending up in the waste. You can make it in Photoshop or InDesign CS2 which is fairly difficult for users with no experience. You can pay someone to make your brochure design. You can also message me and we can work out something for me to make the brochure design for you.

If you google CS2 free you will find your way to the adobe.com website where you can download InDesign and Photoshop for free amongst other tools adobe offers. 

You can also leave a bag of jelly beans that say thank you! Look on amazon for "Thank you jelly beans" 1oz bags of jelly beans that say thank you. "Thank you for hearing me out" is what I have said to prospective locations as I give the bag. It is about $30 for 32 bags.

I was looking in the downloads section for something on this and I found the cover letter that I believe Caserri posted.  I'm wondering what you leave behind or send in the mail when you make that first contact with a potential new business.

I would assume it would be a simple letter and a one sheet flier that has a few pictures and some info on your business.  Does anyone want to post what yours looks like?

What I was thinking was that if I walk into a business, I'm going to see the person at the front desk.  I'll ask who is the decision maker, they will say he/she is not available and then I'll leave behind some info on my business.  A business card would do but really, that will end up in the trash pretty fast.

So, instead what do you leave behind when you're locating?

If its a location that I want to really push for I will leave a gift basket with some goodies in it with a one page flyer and several business cards. One of the cards will be glued to the basket.

That is a good idea. You might want to see who the CEO is by googling the company or maybe they have a website. See if you can find out something about this person. Maybe they are on facebook or a social media and then you can make a gift basket tailored to them. Make sure the person at the front desk knows its for the CEO. 

Archived