forum search issues

AngryChris

Maybe this is the wrong section to post this (probably is) but I just want to say that I have the hardest time using the search on this website.  I simply can't find what I am looking for... almost ever.  I am proud of how well I can research things on google and other search engines but it seems almost impossible sometimes to search for something I want to find in these forums.  I use a few keywords, a lot of keywords, phrases, whatever I can and I often get the same results (which is FAR too many hits).

Thanks.

Your right the search part of this software package, shall we say, is lacking..... :)

On a postive note the search function has been a major focus for the next version. We have been reading about the changes that are coming and it sounds like it will be a great improvement. Just not sure when it will happen.

In the meantime you can get better results by using google, typing in your search terms and then put /vendiscuss. At least that's how I think it works.

Your right the search part of this software package, shall we say, is lacking..... :)

On a postive note the search function has been a major focus for the next version. We have been reading about the changes that are coming and it sounds like it will be a great improvement. Just not sure when it will happen.

In the meantime you can get better results by using google, typing in your search terms and then put /vendiscuss. At least that's how I think it works.

That's one of the ways I search the forums lol. I have to use google!

Archived