Anyone sell redbull?

I just want to know if this product is worth the investment. I'm sure it depends in the location but I just don't think people will pay $2.50 or $3.00 for a tiny can. Anyone selling a lot?

Got it in 2 locations at 3.25, sell about a case every 2weeks.

How big or busy are these locations?

I just want to know if this product is worth the investment. I'm sure it depends in the location but I just don't think people will pay $2.50 or $3.00 for a tiny can. Anyone selling a lot?

My personal experience is that energy drinks in general don't perform well unless you have a location that has more than 50 employees & is open 24/7/365 

I know there are exceptions but here is the scenario that usually happens for me.

Client "Can you get energy drinks"

Me "Sure what kind do you want" 

Customer "NOS in the blue can" or whatever they request

Me "OK I will order them & have them put in next week"

One week later . .

I spend about 30 minutes to an hour installing the parts & loading them in the machine & setting up the pricing.

One week later . . .

I check the machine & have sold a couple to a few cans

One month Later  . . .

Still haven't sold through a full case

Two months later  . . . .

Getting closer to getting through a full case

(Meanwhile)

I have sold 20-30 cases of 12oz Dr. Pepper during the same time period

3 months later . . .

I have finally almost sold through the case so I order another one

One week later , while I am stocking the machine with the new case of energy drinks  . . .

Client "did you know that the people who were drinking the energy drinks have quit"

Me "Oh really?"

Client "Can put something else in there?"

Me "Sure what do you want?"

Client "Diet Dr Pepper" or whatever

Me " Sure I will put them as soon as these energy drinks are sold"

One week later. . .

Haven't sold any energy drinks

Two weeks later . . . 

Sold 1 maybe 2 energy drinks

Three weeks later . . . 

Still haven sold any energy drinks

Customer "When are you going to be able to get Diet Dr. Pepper?" or whatever they ask for

Me "I have some in my van & I will have them in the machine & working before I leave"

I spend 30 minutes to an hour unloading the energy drinks, & setting up the machine to vend the new request & then let that person know they are in the machine & working.

Guess who ends up drinking the energy drinks?

My suggestion is to double up on a good seller or find something "normal" that will be a good seller unless has more than 50 employees & is open 24/7/365.

What do I mean by "normal"?

If you've been doing this a while you can most likely figure it out what sells based on its performance at your other locations. But if you are still unsure what to put in a machine. Maybe this will help, I saw it in an old Cavalier a couple of months back

gallery_6992_203_317823.jpg

The real problem is that to sell Red Bull you will need a machine that can sell it and that machine will still need a kit to sell that small can, so you will have to have continued sales to pay for the kit.

The real problem is that to sell Red Bull you will need a machine that can sell it and that machine will still need a kit to sell that small can, so you will have to have continued sales to pay for the kit.

Excellent point. I bet one case would pay for the shim but I'm not in the business of trying to pay off the cost of shims lol.

Not in the greatest soda machine made today....... the bevmax....lol

Well, as long as I don't have to buy any shims I guess I'm okay with spending 6k on a bevmax. Red bull, give me wings so I can fly away!

Wouldn't waste the money on Red Bull... The 160z (Monsters etc) will vend same as a can just two deep on a 3 deep can and single on a 2 deep. Its all about buying it right. 

I see them all around here buy 2 for 3 dollars. Thats $1.50 apiece.  

Redbull? I tell them the little cans are too small and would just fall thru the machine. I could put in the big cans, but they would be about $5.00 each. No one ever wants me to put those in.

On another note; I just raised my Monster prices to $2.25 and am thinking about raising them in 6 mos. to $2.50. It would be nice to get $3.00 each for them but I just can't bring myself to doing it. Has anyone had any problems charging $3.00 a can for a 16oz energy drink?

Sorry mate... even though your comment here is one of the best I have seen I couldn't bring myself to pushing the like button! lol

Anyway.. there is only one drink machine that is so good that they named a song after it!!  ;D

I have Redbull in a hotel, sell approx 1 case/week. I set the selling price at $3.50/Can

Sorry mate... even though your comment here is one of the best I have seen I couldn't bring myself to pushing the like button! lol

Anyway.. there is only one drink machine that is so good that they named a song after it!!  ;D

Okay. Okay - I'll bite.  Which machine did they name a song after?  (This had better be good)

Hey... your suppose to my side... not taking the piss out of me!  ;D  

So you're not going to tell us eh?

When Red Bull actually puts their product in something doesn't require a special machine to vend they might get some of my business and not until.

So you're not going to tell us eh?

Its not called bevmax.. that's for sure!

She is working on another hit single which goes  a little like this....

My.....my.....my...... USI!!    (should be another grammy award winner)  ;D

Its not called bevmax.. that's for sure!

She is working on another hit single which goes  a little like this....

My.....my.....my...... USI!!    (should be another grammy award winner)  ;D

And I thought you were going to come up with something like "vendos in the sky with diamonds"  :blink:  :blink:  :blink: 

last time I bought red bull it was about $34 a case. Sold @ $2.50. Never really went great. Monster, oth, has been good @$2.50, as well as the 16 oz Starbucks Double Shot and the Mt Dew Kickstart for the same as a 20oz Soda (mostly $1.50)

• 2 months later...

Put NOS, Monster, Full Throttle, Rock Star and Red Bull in my newest location.  $2.25 except for RedBull at $2.50.  So far only the NOS and Rock Star are selling.  Not a single Red Bull.   I have an extra case of Red Bull and I'll probably return to Costco.  Live and learn.

Archived