Hello from Hot and Humid South Florida!

InSmok

Me:  My name is Scott.

You all:  "Hello Scott!"

Newbie, in a sense of the word.  My uncle was for quote some time in the vending business...candy, gum, snacks & cigarettes.  I've taken over his operations as a side project, so consider me a noob I suppose.  

Looking forward to some good hearty conversations!  Please introduce yourself if you feel compelled...would mean a great deal to have some veterans in my corner!

Hello,

I would like to know what types of locations yield the best profits.  24 of our 44 machines have been in the field since this March. The types of places we are locating the machine are mostly distribution locations in the break rooms, some oil change places, NAPA's, antique markets & pawn shops. We had a locator place the first 24 and we are having to relocate many of those.  Our average/ machine is $30 for the ones that we service monthly(some we just do a visual, b/c they have not used any product-these are on the list to move.), so the overall average is less than $30. I am in Atlanta, and I expected it to be higher. 

Are we missing out on other types of locations that yield higher returns as we relocate the low producing machines? 

Most are 8 head U-Turns, a few are 4 head U-Turns.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I would like to know what types of locations yield the best profits.  24 of our 44 machines have been in the field since this March. The types of places we are locating the machine are mostly distribution locations in the break rooms, some oil change places, NAPA's, antique markets & pawn shops. We had a locator place the first 24 and we are having to relocate many of those.  Our average/ machine is $30 for the ones that we service monthly(some we just do a visual, b/c they have not used any product-these are on the list to move.), so the overall average is less than $30. I am in Atlanta, and I expected it to be higher. 

Are we missing out on other types of locations that yield higher returns as we relocate the low producing machines? 

Most are 8 head U-Turns, a few are 4 head U-Turns.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Moving machines around is just part of doing business, especially when you're just getting started - just be glad you're not moving soda machines around.  Locators' only criterion for a location is getting a "yes" so you do need to do your own locating.  I'm not a bulk vendor but from what I've read $30 per month is good as I think the national average is about $12 per head.

Archived