National 167 Sure Vend issue

Today I visited an account with a National 167 Snack machine. When I get there is a post-it note on the machine for refunds. I explained that the SureVend will prevent you from losing money. Several of them say they have seen it steal money. I press the "Diagnostic" button on the service keypad and the display reads "SV.CAL". I assume that means the SureVend needs calibrated. I can't find anywhere in the manual on how to proceed. Anyone ever have anything like this happen? Thanks for your input.

I hsve not heard of that but it's probably something as simple as a basic calibration procedure or some sensors have failed. I know they fail just like anything else but I didn't know the board would recognize it. I'm thinking you need to check your sensors but I'm going to see if I can't google your problem.

Thanks Chris. National support was not much help. D&S in Cleveland suggested that I clear the RAM. I don't know if that will do any good or not. I will trey that next week.

Thanks again

It also seems that, on one program, you scroll to test and hit the efit key, scroll to sure vend, hit the edit key, and yhe machine will test calibration values. This pdf showed 4 5 4 5 4 on top and 4 4 4 4 on bottom

I definitely read "sure vend calibration" error as the surevend is reporting a short circuit. This was for a different machine though. I'm only ASSUMING that the error is the same. I would imagine it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, on one I did yesterday, the emitters, receivers, and the holes on the delivery tray were completely covered in dust. There was a strip of insulation that had bowed along the glass side of the tray and were blocking the streams, too. Sorry if this doesn't help.

Archived