buying my first bulk machines

hulksmashu00

hi everyone

ok so i am new to all this and through a couple members advice on here ive decided to start small. i am going to buy a couple bulk machines today and tomorrow. i have a couple questions for you guys before i start shopping.

i have about 10k to invest total into this.

1. should i start out buying used or is it best to buy new for my first couple machines?

2. if i buy used what is the best way to buy ( i.e. ebay, craigslist, or a vending company ).

3. being that i have the money to buy whatever machines i choose should i go with something top of the line like 1800 or northwestern or should i stick to the cheaper vendstar machines?

4. in your experience when you gain a contract will the clients ussually mind waiting for the machine for it to be ordered or is it better to buy them first?

thank you for your time 

Have a machine or three before you try to locate so they are ready to go when needed. Buy used. Buy good name machines

ok then my next question would be should i buy them referbished through a vending company or should i hit ebay?

I would buy from Craigs List. There you can find better deals. I would only buy high quality machines that are very versatile with high vending capacity...like Northwestern, Beaver, or Oak. However, if you buy used you will need to refurbish them. Most of the time when you buy used machines from Craigs List, they need to be cleaned and parts replaced, If you do not wish to refurbish machines then you will need to buy them new.

If you are going to buy new machines start with 2 or 3. Don't buy a lot machines at first because you may not like vending as much as you think. That way you won't have a hundred machines to sell if you don't like vending.

Lastly, Do not buy Vendstars. I own two of them. I purchased them when I begin vending in 2010. These machines are not fit for all locations. They are only suitable for climate controlled office settings and do not hold enough product. Your transportation cost could get quite high with these type machines because they don't hold much product...thus don't hold much money.I would personally stay away from triple head canister machines all together due to their lack of versatility.

Be sure to vend gumballs. Other candies either don't sell as well or have a low profit margin.

To your success

i am currently pricing on ebay and craigslist. im shooting for northwestern machines because from the research ive done on here they are if not the best they are in the top three. i will keep you posted on what i find.

the good news is i just landed 2 locations withen a mile from my house a little corner store and a laundry mat.

If I were you I'd buy the last 21 racks these people have for sale.

It's only a 6.5 hr drive down the coast for you.  You could rent a U-Haul in Long Island and drive them back in a single day.  But that's just me. At $275 a rack, I doubt you'd have any problem selling those (for even a small profit) if you decide vending isn't your bag.

Archived