Refrigeration+general maint on DN 5591

I bought a DN 5591, and want to set a maint schedule. I read the manual and the only really important item seems to be maintaining the refrigeration unit (clean and dust condenser, fan, and fins....). Is this done from the front inside, rear, maybe underneath (all of the above)?

In general, besides maintaining the refrigeration units, and keeping the machine clean, is it just coin mech and bill validator cleaning? I see the "bills" you can use to clean the validators...I still have to looks at my manufacturers websites for the coin mech and bill validator to confirm, but wanted to get thoughts...

You should keep the condenser clean as it's accessible by pulling the delivery unit out from the front.  You also want to keep 4 - 6 inches of space behind the machine for proper airflow.  The coin path in the top of your coin mech can be cleaned with a coarse dry paper towel which will scrape any oily grease from the coin path (moisture will be repelled by the oils) and you can clean the sensors in the bill path of the validator with a soft dry cloth.  Those are the main things to monitor monthly or so.  Also keep an eye on the evaporator inside the cabinet on the lower right rear corner.  Watch it for signs of any frost development that would indicate an air leak or low freon.  Clean any spilled soda from the product slides and the delivery bin and make sure all of the spring loaded slides are intact.  Also make sure that you have putty on all the holes where the shelf harnesses enter the cabinet.

This machine will not operate reliability if it is not spotlessly clean. Sticky plastic bottles cannot slide down the trays and off the shelf. This machine was designed to vend glass bottles works much better with glass product.

You need to start with a clean machine, this means removing all the plastic slides that are under the product. Wash each one in hot water they need to be very clean, remove every speck dirt and soda.

The gates must be equally clean.

Once the machine is clean you must be very careful not to load sticky product.

This machine must be keep perfectly level.

If you do not have 2 drop sensors you may be forced to turn off the guaranteed delivery option as, they can cheat the single sensor. Consider adding the seconded sensor if needed.

Also the flap door can be a maintenance issue if you have the plastic doors, some machines do have a rubber flap.

Is also a good idea to keep the refer clean.

Walta

Archived