No power in Vendo 601 Coke machine

Hi everyone. I am almost exclusively Dixie cold drink machines. I do have a few other lines but not nearly as many as Dixie. That being said., I am not all that familiar with the one Vendo. I am having an issue with. The machine has lost power the door side of the machine. I have 110VAC going to the control board but nothing functions. I can't find a fuse on the board. Vend motors, coin mech, validation and display are all dead. I am assuming the board transforms the 110V to 34V since mech/Val are MDB. I would hate to try replacing the board to find out one of them are bad causing the board to blow again. Anyone more familiar with Vendo able to advise me on this. Also, since it is a Coke branded machine, if I swap,board is there anything special to check? I know Coke likes to install their own software in their branded equipment.

Thanks in advance

Check your fuse(s) in the panel to the left of the compressor or on the side of the control board box.  If it's blown you may have a bad coin mech, validator or board.  You will want to unplug your coin mech and validator, then replace the fuse and have some spares to see how quickly it blows.  If it blows without coinage connected you will know it's the board.  If it doesn't blow turn it off and connect just the validator and power up.  Do the same with the coin mech and if neither blows the fuse you will need to try some vends to see if the operation of the board causes the fuse to blow. 

If your fuse is not blown then you probably have a bad transformer.  It's located behind the panel to the left of the compressor and has 110v in one side and 24v out the other.  Use your voltmeter to see if you have the 24v ac output.  It's not uncommon for these to fail.

If you need one let me know and I can ship it to you.

Both fuses are good. As I say, I get 110V to the board, not sure about the 24V. Will have to go back and check the transformer. Thanks for your help guys.

Steve

Vendo has a mickey mouse transformer with cheap connectors. It is behind the fuse panel with the compressor. They come unplugged when gremlins get in there. Also I have found a bad coin mech will also keep the board from powering up. 

Vendo has a mickey mouse transformer with cheap connectors. It is behind the fuse panel with the compressor. They come unplugged when gremlins get in there. Also I have found a bad coin mech will also keep the board from powering up. 

Dang Roger

I just bought a Vendo 630 Vmax, will be setting it up in place of the Vendo 480 at machine shop.

Now your saying they have Mickey Mouse involve along with gremlins!!!!!!!!

What is a cajun suppose to do?

Can't choot gremlins! not allowed!

;D  ;D  ;D

Dang Roger

I just bought a Vendo 630 Vmax, will be setting it up in place of the Vendo 480 at machine shop.

Now your saying they have Mickey Mouse involve along with gremlins!!!!!!!!

What is a cajun suppose to do?

Can't choot gremlins! not allowed!

;D  ;D  ;D

Vendo's can be unpredictable....... I have had them do some pretty strange things...

Have a jack and water...... That rocky mountain water could be bad for a cajun!   ;D  ;D  

Sorry cvending!

I didn't mean to step all over your thread with my cajun accent!

hopefully moondog don't wet the place all up when he come in.

cajun

I'm just patiently reading this - you already know my opinion of Vendos, at least  the ones I own.  My money is on a bad transformer, he needs to check for 24 volts on the load side.  All that stuff wouldn't go down at once otherwise

Hey guys, thought I would update you on my problem. I took the advice of the wealth of knowledge on VDF and checked the transformer on my Vendo. You guys were spot on!! One of the terminals had become disconnected. I noticed as I. Pushed the terminal onto the tab that it was quite a loose fit. Tightened the terminal up, did the same with the other one also since I was that far into it. Working like a new machine now. Thanks to all for sharing you r knowledge and experience.

Hey guys, thought I would update you on my problem. I took the advice of the wealth of knowledge on VDF and checked the transformer on my Vendo. You guys were spot on!! One of the terminals had become disconnected. I noticed as I. Pushed the terminal onto the tab that it was quite a loose fit. Tightened the terminal up, did the same with the other one also since I was that far into it. Working like a new machine now. Thanks to all for sharing you r knowledge and experience.

Glad you got it fixed that easy Steve - loose electrical connections equal fires.

Thanks for the great info here. The connection was completely off the terminal. The other connection was also very loose. So happy it was such an easy and quick fix.

• 4 years later...

Archived