HAS ANYONE TRACKED THEIR INVENTORY CORRECTLY?

dromero

I have tried to track my inventory correctly but it always shows up in my excel that I have more inventory than what I currently have in real life.

Has someone experienced this problem? and has it solved it?

Accurately? Candy or Toys? How detailed are you trying to get?

Yes, candy and small gumballs. in order to the final inventory matches the initial inventory - cost of goods sold (when these cant be tracked accurately because sometimes it throws 5 and others 6 of them)

If your trying to account for every piece you will never get an accurate number for small gumballs or bulk candy.

I log the fill level of each candy when I service a machine (1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4). I have a rough estimate of the dollar amount that is for each item I sell. This method has worked just fine for the 7 years I have been vending.

If your trying to account for every piece you will never get an accurate number for small gumballs or bulk candy.

I log the fill level of each candy when I service a machine (1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 3/4). I have a rough estimate of the dollar amount that is for each item I sell. This method has worked just fine for the 7 years I have been vending.

Sounds like a good alternative, however, as you said, its only an estimate, this means that your final inventory wont match the initial inventory minus cost of goods sold (since it is an estimate). 

I go by weight.

weigh everything. coming in and going out.

keep track of what I put in each machine and money I bring in.

i.e. buy 500 lbs, and sell 400 lbs - XXX

most of the bulk candy and toys is weighed out in bulk for sale anyways.

I go by weight.

weigh everything. coming in and going out.

keep track of what I put in each machine and money I bring in.

i.e. buy 500 lbs, and sell 400 lbs - XXX

most of the bulk candy and toys is weighed out in bulk for sale anyways.

Thanks, good idea too.

Archived