scam?

PandJ

Not at all interested in this just curious.  What is the deal with something like this, the locate for you send you some junky machines?

http://greatfalls.craigslist.org/bfs/4535314167.html

The price doesn't sound too bad but I'd be surprised if you ended up with any good locations.  I'm curious about what near new means and exactly what equipment they're offering.  For some reason these deals always have some kind of catch.

This is a scam in a veteran vendor's eyes because it's all bottler owned equipment.  You will never be paying for hard assets as you will never own any of the machines.  This kind of crap is being spread all over the country apparently and even if they had buyers, the only locations they will find for soda only will run out quickly in any given area if they are working it hard to find locations so any buyer will get crap accounts from it.

My friend that got me started in this business originally bought into one of these. The difference was they were some kind of manual machine with snacks on the door and sodas inside. Something like a fridge with a snack door on it. When he got back from the "seminar" he was so stoked that he talked me into getting into the business. He dropped $10,000 on 10 machines and 10 locations. The machines and the locations were so bad that he eventually just gave everything away. Fortunately I didn't have $10k to invest so I found a website that had "electronic" machines made by Genisis. Far better I thought. Hahaha. Yeah, I bought 7 of them. They said they were going to give me the "white glove" treatment. They would meet me at the curb, unwrap it and show me how to operate it. Even help me move it into the building they said. Yep, none of that happened. When the machines arrived, I called looking for my white glove man and wouldn't you know it, no answer. Sheesh!

My friend that got me started in this business originally bought into one of these. The difference was they were some kind of manual machine with snacks on the door and sodas inside. Something like a fridge with a snack door on it. When he got back from the "seminar" he was so stoked that he talked me into getting into the business. He dropped $10,000 on 10 machines and 10 locations. The machines and the locations were so bad that he eventually just gave everything away. Fortunately I didn't have $10k to invest so I found a website that had "electronic" machines made by Genisis. Far better I thought. Hahaha. Yeah, I bought 7 of them. They said they were going to give me the "white glove" treatment. They would meet me at the curb, unwrap it and show me how to operate it. Even help me move it into the building they said. Yep, none of that happened. When the machines arrived, I called looking for my white glove man and wouldn't you know it, no answer. Sheesh!

lmao - 

How much did you spend on the 7 machines?  Are you still using any of them today?

They were about $1k each. Eight years later I am still using all seven of them. They have many problems but the two main ones are the manufacturer is no longer in business so parts are hard to find and they hold so little that they have to be serviced every week, even at small locations.

You can't blame the guy for not wanting to go to Barstow - I guess he just couldn't find the "scenic route"  ;D  ;D  ;D

You can't blame the guy for not wanting to go to Barstow - I guess he just couldn't find the "scenic route"  ;D  ;D  ;D

100% success rate? Yeah right.

Thanks guys ... Now this song is gonna be stuck in my head all day.

They were about $1k each. Eight years later I am still using all seven of them. They have many problems but the two main ones are the manufacturer is no longer in business so parts are hard to find and they hold so little that they have to be serviced every week, even at small locations.

I could have 9 refurb full size machines with the $$ I spent on the Genesis "compost" garbage machines. I bought them new from a degenerate dealer I found online. Freight charge was about $500/each.!

I only have 2 left out of 3. 2014 should be the end of them. Allen, I run them by doubling up on snacks/candy, I double the 20 oz column with same Gatorade. I leave the quasi 16.9 oz column empty with no display in front, but sold out paddle pushed down so display reads welcome. What a tremendous p o s...

Happy Independence Day everyone!!

I called one of the companies promoting the routes just for fun and curiosity and the person who answered was a locator who said he wouldn't provide the bottler machines promised in the website

Fail

Worse yet, his route was in Fort Irwin, 45 miles North of Barstow on a Military base. The people in charge of the vending (AFIS?) took 20% and gave him all the locations their main guy (Calif. Vending) wouldn't take. He had machines in buildings with 8 or less people. And to top it off, he couldn't even sell Coke or Pepsi products. I felt so bad for him. Every time he ran that route he lost money. After 2 years he gave it to a couple that ran it for 6 months and gave it back to him. So then he tells me that a good friend of his was out of work so he gave it to him to help a brother out. 4 weeks later he calls me and wants me to make an offer on his route, so I offered $1,000. Well, he gets all pissy because he paid $1,000 each and really wanted like $5,000 for the deal. But I'm thinking, dude, you "GAVE" it away twice already, just take the thousand, I'll scrap this P.O.S. route and the P.O.S. machines for you and we'll all laugh about this some day. But noooooooo. He had to start having anger issues and accusing me of trying to take advantage of his bad luck. WTF?

Archived