Eureka moment!

I just had a moment where I was wondering how I was going to get some upgrades and repairs done.  Many of my repairs are due to faulty MAKA validators.  I am not just broke... I am in the RED lately.  

I just remembered that I had not one, but TWO 501e's WITHOUT MDB harnessing.  That may seem weird to some, but the machine is capable of 110v or 24v MDB as far as I know.  Because of this, both machines currently have Mars VN 2511's inside.  I have a few extra MDB validators and coin mechs that I won on ebay auctions last year, so all I needed was the MDB harness.  I went ahead and ordered one off of ebay real quick (I was supposed to ask Randy for one, oops) so that I can hopefully get that harness real fast.  I am simply going to swap out what is probably a VN 2511 and TRC 6000 combo for something along the lines of a Coinco BP2BX and 9302 GX combo.  I can use that 2511 on a machine that has a faulty Mars VFM.  Instead of paying for an entire validator, I only need about $20 for the MDB harness  ;D .

In knowing that I have at LEAST 1 more machine like this, I am stoked!  It may not sound like a big deal to some, but I have NO cash to spare at the moment.  In fact, I just did a cash flow forecast and I am broke broke broke until March!!!!

The point to this post is that you should upgrade your equipment whenever the upgrade gives long-term value, especially when that means you get to free-up a VN 2511 to replace your broken VFM  ;D .

Sorry to hear that Angrychris. It maybe time to have a garage sale. Those accounts that make very little may have assets that can be liquidated for cash. Or maybe relocated to make more....  

Broke is what I tell the woman, because she thinks any extra money from the business is money for her to spend!

Angry if you need spare mdb harness I have a few I can sell to you for a good price.

pm me if you need.

cajun

Sorry to hear that Angrychris. It maybe time to have a garage sale. Those accounts that make very little may have assets that can be liquidated for cash. Or maybe relocated to make more....

Some of these locations can be really good. This one probably grosses $30 out of the snack since I took it over and that's with a broken validator. I think it will be over $45/week with a new val.

Next March is a long way off - sounds like you spent all your money on that route we told you not to buy and now all the machines need upgrading.  You can't just let a machine sit there with a broken validator (like the previous owner did)  If the account is not worth maintaining then dump it and join the too many machines in my garage club.  This where I take issue with the theory that it's better to have a machine in a crappy location making a pittance than to have it sitting idle.  I don't want the responsibility and expense of keeping a machine operational in a bottom feeder location.  You need to cherry pick your operation and sell off all your marginal accounts to get your cash flow upright.

The new accounts are only part of the reason. My sales taxes from jan-june are due. That's a killer by itself. There are other reasons why I will be broke until March. I'm getting better accounts! It costs money though.

I will be broke until March. I'm getting better accounts! It costs money though.

I thought everyone in vending was broke...

You know how the old saying goes... "If you want to make 1 million dollars in vending start with 2 million"   ;D

I thought everyone in vending was broke...

You know how the old saying goes... "If you want to make 1 million dollars in vending start with 2 million"   ;D

Kiwi

I started with a $100 by buying two storage units full of machines, majority was scrap!

I got a few good cold drink machines and one AP 6600XL with the factory chiller still making me money!

So it is possible to start in vending with out a bunch of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!

I've been upgrading as I go along from single price machines to M.P. machines like a Vendo 630 VMax.

033.gif 033.gif 033.gif

Kiwi

I started with a $100 by buying two storage units full of machines, majority was scrap!

I got a few good cold drink machines and one AP 6600XL with the factory chiller still making me money!

So it is possible to start in vending with out a bunch of $$$$$$$$$$$$!!

I've been upgrading as I go along from single price machines to M.P. machines like a Vendo 630 VMax.

033.gif 033.gif 033.gif

I'd much rather start with 2 million - screw the machines  ;D  ;D  ;D

If the account is not worth maintaining then dump it and join the too many machines in my garage club.

I just got out of that club a few weeks ago.... Happy not to have to keep listening to my wife complaining about if anymore....

It may not sound like a big deal to some, but I have NO cash to spare at the moment.  In fact, I just did a cash flow forecast and I am broke broke broke until March!!!!

I feel for you, I bet you come out stronger than ever in March. Sometimes growing is tough and takes some grit.

Guys... I'm really just trying to say that I saved a lot of money by thinking outside the box

Give me a minute to wrap my head around that one - you're broke, broke, broke but you saved a lot of money? How does that work?

I just had a moment where I was wondering how I was going to get some upgrades and repairs done. Many of my repairs are due to faulty MAKA validators. I am not just broke... I am in the RED lately.

I just remembered that I had not one, but TWO 501e's WITHOUT MDB harnessing. That may seem weird to some, but the machine is capable of 110v or 24v MDB as far as I know. Because of this, both machines currently have Mars VN 2511's inside. I have a few extra MDB validators and coin mechs that I won on ebay auctions last year, so all I needed was the MDB harness. I went ahead and ordered one off of ebay real quick (I was supposed to ask Randy for one, oops) so that I can hopefully get that harness real fast. I am simply going to swap out what is probably a VN 2511 and TRC 6000 combo for something along the lines of a Coinco BP2BX and 9302 GX combo. I can use that 2511 on a machine that has a faulty Mars VFM. Instead of paying for an entire validator, I only need about $20 for the MDB harness ;D .

In knowing that I have at LEAST 1 more machine like this, I am stoked! It may not sound like a big deal to some, but I have NO cash to spare at the moment. In fact, I just did a cash flow forecast and I am broke broke broke until March!!!!

The point to this post is that you should upgrade your equipment whenever the upgrade gives long-term value, especially when that means you get to free-up a VN 2511 to replace your broken VFM ;D .

I hear you. I was in that situation for about a year, between jobs, it's tough... I was able to sell a couple of locations back in September to get out of it.

Can you sell those small locations, there are many new people interested in starting there own biz believe or not. I used Craig's list. I was able to turn a profit and pay my debt, thanks to God.

Best

I'd much rather start with 2 million - screw the machines ;D;D;D

Same here!

I do have a location that I am going to cancel ASAP.  It has a lektrovend and a DN 368.  The 368 needs some work and some upgrades.  Do you guys think the 368 is worth keeping?  It has a VFM validator that barely works and it isn't in perfect shape.  Maybe I should sell the set for $300 and see where it goes?  It's not even worth picking the machines up if you ask me.  A 368 can be useful but this one is single price anyway.

I do have a location that I am going to cancel ASAP.  It has a lektrovend and a DN 368.  The 368 needs some work and some upgrades.  Do you guys think the 368 is worth keeping?  It has a VFM validator that barely works and it isn't in perfect shape.  Maybe I should sell the set for $300 and see where it goes?  It's not even worth picking the machines up if you ask me.  A 368 can be useful but this one is single price anyway.

The only value those machines have is in the fact that they're both on location - sell the location for a quick grand and you'll be money ahead

The compressor is worth $150... Coin mech $75 and the vendor will get you another $50 across the scales that is $275

The electrovend's coin mech worth $75 bill validator ? and $50 across the scales

Total $400...  Don't forget to take that keypad off its worth $40 to $50 dollars and the board might be worth $50.... So scrap price is worth a cool $500. So it is worth picking up. 

The compressor is worth $150... Coin mech $75 and the vendor will get you another $50 across the scales that is $275

The electrovend's coin mech worth $75 bill validator ? and $50 across the scales

Total $400... Don't forget to take that keypad off its worth $40 to $50 dollars and the board might be worth $50.... So scrap price is worth a cool $500. So it is worth picking up.

Great info!

Archived