Start Blasting

Ok, I just saw a promotion Sams Club is running with its Select Vend Gatorade branded machines. Basically shipping is free and you get $2,150.00 in Gatorade, Nestle Pure Life and Austin Cracker. I have not strayed from my Crane/Dixie Narco Machines but does anyone have any info on the Selectivend Machines? What is the quality like, is anyone currently using them?

Selectivend is, to my knowledge, USI's cheap off-brand. The quality should be fine and parts should be alright but some of their stuff seems to be exclusive to retail stores rather than vending distributors. I don't know if USI manufactures every machine that is under the selectivend brand but a selectivend cb 300 is almost identical to a USI cb 300. They have some combo machines that seem more like seaga machines though.

As I've posted somewhere on this subject before, this is a USI built machine which means it's very serviceable. Unfortunately the downside with this deal is that the prices are too high for what you get - it's still a combo machine. The price reflects all the "free" product they throw at you - someone has to pay for it. Another problem is that the amount of product you are getting from Austin is way too much for this one machine as you would have to fill all the spirals with duplicate products to even hope to sell it before it expires. The quantity of Gatorade is way too high unless you have a location where that is all you want to sell and you know it will sell fast. The Nestle water is not the regionally branded vendible bottles that we recommend everyone use and they will likely jam in the machine. So you will have 3 shelves of Austin crackers and cookies and only Gatorade and water that jams, and USI hopes people fall for this deal.

This offer really only makes financial sense for an existing vendor who can spread the product out across many locations and just happens to need a brand new combo machine. As long as they can live with the price they will pay for the machine.

Last I checked, the 2,150 (was 1,500 I think) was the estimated REVENUE from the gatorade. When I did the math, it was $1.75 or $2 per bottle. At that price, it will expire before it sells. Let's say it is $2/bottle or $48/case. You need to sell 45 cases in about one year if the dates are good. I might go through half of that and that's at $1.25.

If you sold it for $1 just to get rid of it, expect a net profit of about $1100 instead of $2150. In the end, you will work your butt off to try to get a deal on a combo machine. As AZVendor said, It's only good if you can sell the product and you need a new combo machine.

I just did some checking. If their numbers are based off of $1.25/bottle of gatorade and $1/bottle of water, It really will be $2150. However, the point still stands that it's only a good deal if you can sell EVERYTHING before it expires. It's a rebate deal too.

The CB 500 deal seemed better. 1550 in "free" gatorade/water but the machine was $4000.

I would rather buy a new V21 and skip the shenanigans.

Last I checked, the 2,150 (was 1,500 I think) was the estimated REVENUE from the gatorade. When I did the math, it was $1.75 or $2 per bottle. At that price, it will expire before it sells. Let's say it is $2/bottle or $48/case. You need to sell 45 cases in about one year if the dates are good. I might go through half of that and that's at $1.25.

If you sold it for $1 just to get rid of it, expect a net profit of about $1100 instead of $2150. In the end, you will work your butt off to try to get a deal on a combo machine. As AZVendor said, It's only good if you can sell the product and you need a new combo machine.

And just what in hell's name would you do with all those Austin crackers - I can't give those away at 25 cents a pack.

And just what in hell's name would you do with all those Austin crackers - I can't give those away at 25 cents a pack.

What happen to Lance toasty crackers?

Sams don't have them, Walmart neither!

Austin P.B does not sell like Lance!

Like moondog I almost can't give them away!

Archived