value of this deal

PandJ

Just getting into snack and soda, so I don't think I want to bite off figuring out bulk vending.  Still, if there is a good deal in my home town....  Locations seem to be junk, like $1.50 a week per location, blah.  If these machines are worth anything, maybe I could make a low-ball offer, pull the ones that aren't performing and when I get time find good location.  

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/bfs/4549362116.html

Not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I would love to find a route like that near me. I might try and talk down the price a bit and get some kind of proof the route is capable of producing what the seller is claiming but seems like a good deal for that many locations.

Maybe someone with some more expertise will drop some knowledge on us :D

Bulk sales are usually determined by month.  At $1.50 per month, that'd be about $6 a month which would be bad even for a single, let alone a triple!  Vendstars IMO are only better than Uturns.  They're not professional machines and will only dispense candy.  The money is in toys, so I would avoid this deal since they're not good locations.

I re-read this post and I missed what you said about junky locations. If you don't care about the locations then the machines themselves are not worth the asking price according to what I have been told in a thread of my own about whether or not it would be a good idea to purchase some Vendstars. Apparently the range you are looking to purchase those at are about $20-$50. 

With the locations though, it may have a few good ones and maybe even a few places that could be better served with a different kind of vending machine, bulk or otherwise

He's asking for $100 per located Vendstar.

I wouldn't pay more than $25 per located Vendstar.

Why?

Because it sounds like the majority of the locations are dogs.

$6.50 per month avg out of a triple is TERRIBLE (spelled with a capital F -- if you know what I mean).

It's very likely that only a few good locations out of the 23 are making up the majority of the $150 per month.

There is no value in crap locations so why pay for crap locations?

I wouldn't buy vendstars, but if that's what you want, pay for the vendstars and nothing else.

He can throw in the locations/route and/or the $75 in candy or not...no big loss whether he does or doesn't.

If he don't bite on that offer, then go out, buy your own Vendstars from someone else, and then find locations for them.

Odds are good you would do better than $6.50 avg per month out of each triple by building your own route....and all at HALF the cost of buying this guy's crappy route for anything close to $2300.

This is a bad deal, if you want a good deal on machines keep looking (I would sell you Vendstars for half that price that are route ready) but there isn't really any upside here. A current bulk vendor may have some utility to add to an existing region (for a fraction of the asking price) but you seem to be focused on a different realm of vending. Stay that course and do not sign up for this headache.

Thanks all for the advice, much appreciated.  My initial impression was that this stunk, just don't know anything about bulk.  Sticking with soda or snack machines.  Cheers.

Archived