Candy/Toy Crane profits

PowerVendor

I am thinking about buying a few candy cranes for my smaller bulk locations and vending straight 1 to 3 cent toys or a toy/candy mix.  It seems like you could set a crane for winner every time and make a decent profit if you only vended 2 to 3 toys/candy pieces? 

How do you figure profit on a candy crane?  Does the rectangular claw vend more than a 3 to 4 prong claw?  Can you auto-percent the claws like regular plush cranes? 

I really hate winner every time with any good leader items in a mix. Now me as a adult I would just play maybe 2 or 3 times and if I didn't get that watch or whatever I would just get me a tootsie roll and go on..

BUT>>>>>>>>>> those little kids with their video game mentality will play that winner every time crane for a hour and pick that watch up every time and drop it, like maybe 200 times straight, hoping they will get it until they finally  get your solenoid on your claw so hot that it either fries your 48v out of your power supply or melts string in half and claw falls in prizes etc..

I never put "leader" items in a winner every time machine anymore, I will put  just 25 cent a play with a good candy, small toy with leader mix and it seems to be a good earner.

profit on a candy crane is great, you can fill one up with dum dums and that candy mix at sams for 50-60 bucks and it will make 1000 before it empties that..

if you can get a supply from maybe a snack food operator that supplies c-stores etc and get full packs of close to expired gum ,full size candy bars,etc. at a great price  then a regular 50 cents a play crane does  great also. Got a lady I know works for big c-store distributor and she gets me full packs of gum (fruit sensations etc.)  and I have them in a 24" with smallest plush claw and it makes a good steady $150 a month beside plush crane and multicade... she will sell me a big box of them all mixed up for like $20, all good condition in the box,  just bad sellers in the c-stores they rotate out or pull because of bad sales.

I never put "leader" items in a winner every time machine anymore, I will put  just 25 cent a play with a good candy, small toy with leader mix and it seems to be a good earner.  profit on a candy crane is great, you can fill one up with dum dums and that candy mix at sams for 50-60 bucks and it will make 1000 before it empties that..

I thought most of those were 50 cent plays?  i figured the crane would vend 9 to 13 cents of toys/candy?, thus the 50 cent play. 

im saying i dont like "winner every time" cranes, yes im sure the winner every time 50 cents crane is what you said but the post was directed at the practice of putting leader "toy" items in the cranes with the 50 cents winner every time system..  I still put the larger toys in but i like to just make it a cheap 25 cents per play and not be winner every time.

Archived