coinco ba50b

temp04

I have a coinco ba50b that is giving me 16flash error code. It shows as an sensorerror. Any chance that i csn fix it myself. I have an extra mag50b can i replace it with in while i get it fix? Thanks

I have a coinco ba50b that is giving me 16flash error code. It shows as an sensorerror. Any chance that i csn fix it myself. I have an extra mag50b can i replace it with in while i get it fix? Thanks

pop the lower sensor compartment and wipe off the sensors with a soft dry rag.  There's also an upper sensor you can't reach.  These validators are notorious for having sensor problems in dusty locations

I have never been able to reset a 16 flasher.

I have a coinco ba30b that doesn't quite pull the bill all the way up, then when the foot pushes the bill in it wrinkles the lower part of the bill. Sometimes it will even fold the lower 1/3 of the bill over.  Will new belts fix this problem?

Allen, that is usually a sign of worn belts but the validator should also be recognizing that 1/3 of the bill hasn't be pushed up into the stacker and reject the bills, so there is something else wrong with it.

Temp,

I'll send you a PM.  As I recall, the sensor boards cannot be replaced without recalibration on a Coinco computer plus you would be throwing a part at the validator without knowing if that was the actual underlying problem.  If a validator that you think needs a sensor board has a lot of miles on it then you are better off rebuilding it rather than replacing one part only to have the unit fail again a short time later.

• 2 weeks later...

I buy the sensor boards from the Capital Vending website.  It is usually the upper board that fixes the problem.  When I have a non working Coinco I install the upper board and test -If the problem is not resolved I  then replace the lower sensor board and test.  If after replacing the lower sensor board it works,  you can then put back in the original upper sensor board as usually only one is bad.  The upper board cost more.  

Temp,

I'll send you a PM.  As I recall, the sensor boards cannot be replaced without recalibration on a Coinco computer plus you would be throwing a part at the validator without knowing if that was the actual underlying problem.  If a validator that you think needs a sensor board has a lot of miles on it then you are better off rebuilding it rather than replacing one part only to have the unit fail again a short time later.

Randy - your box is full !!!

Hey AZ, do you sell belt kits for the Mag's and the older BA30b's? I've never installed new ones before. I have a collection of good used ones that I use in an emergency.

Allen - you should be using Meis.  Coincos won't hold up in dusty areas and Barstow has got to be the dust capital of the world  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks Craig

One time I had a lot of time to kill so I took 10 of my "broken" ba30b's and took them apart and cleaned all the dust out. Then I put them all back together and all but 2 of them worked. Seems the upper sensors were blocked with dust that was between the dust lens and the actual sensor. Same with some of the lower sensors.

Randy - your box is full !!!

Allen - you should be using Meis.  Coincos won't hold up in dusty areas and Barstow has got to be the dust capital of the world  ;D  ;D  ;D

I thought the top of my entertainment center was the dust capital! ;D

I could be wrong, dang lazy cleaning lady!

Archived