price check

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would never let a machine sit for 2 weeks that is generating 200+ per week. All's it takes is a bill jamb on the day after you just serviced it to ruin a good run. That's the time nobody calls for 2 weeks. You get there thinking you've got bank and all you see are notes taped to the front. Then you have to fight the urge to yell at someone for the next 4 hours. Today this guy was putting a Canadian coin in a machine over and over cussing the machine and letting everyone know how jacked-up it was. I just happened to walk up and offered to assist him. I put the coin in twice myself. hahaha

I agree!! I would never let 1 machine that is that busy sit for 2 weeks, for one thing it would probably be mostly empty by the start of the second week ;D . This however is 6 machines spread over 2 locations next to each other, so they are averaging about $33 per week per machine which isnt quite so bad and for me might be worth letting it ride for 2 weeks IF vandalism was very rare AND if the equipment was reliable enough AND I thought I could depend on the management calling me with any problems. Lots of IFs and ANDs.

I agree!! I would never let 1 machine that is that busy sit for 2 weeks, for one thing it would probably be mostly empty by the start of the second week ;D . This however is 6 machines spread over 2 locations next to each other, so they are averaging about $33 per week per machine which isnt quite so bad and for me might be worth letting it ride for 2 weeks IF vandalism was very rare AND if the equipment was reliable enough AND I thought I could depend on the management calling me with any problems. Lots of IFs and ANDs.

There was a poll a few months back where some members were saying that a good pull from a snack machine was $200.  How does one pull that much out of a snack machine?  All my machines are fairly large and if I hit the $100 mark my machine is woefully empty.

There was a poll a few months back where some members were saying that a good pull from a snack machine was $200.  How does one pull that much out of a snack machine?  All my machines are fairly large and if I hit the $100 mark my machine is woefully empty.

First thing is a good assortment of products,  if you figure you pack the machine in completely full there is over 600 items in a full size lets say AP.    an average vend price of 1.00 I have seen 200 and maybe only 2 or 3  empty columns... its definetly possible.

Ive got several 5 wide snack machines and when there is over $100 in sales there are always at least 3-5 empty spirals and very close on others, at $200 it would look deserted I would think. I always service my machines when i can anticipate a maximum of $100 in sales. I want my locations to feel as if they are being well taken care of, and at $200 sales level I just think there would be to many empties and the location might feel neglected somewhat. Plus the fact that if anything went wrong with the machine it might be sitting there with $5 in it and nobody bothered to call.

if your able to verify those sales, that ends up being $303 per week average. If his vend prices are high enough to make a good profit percentage then it would be a pretty good account in my opinion and maybe worth more than I was originally thinking.

Ive got several 5 wide snack machines and when there is over $100 in sales there are always at least 3-5 empty spirals and very close on others, at $200 it would look deserted I would think. I always service my machines when i can anticipate a maximum of $100 in sales. I want my locations to feel as if they are being well taken care of, and at $200 sales level I just think there would be to many empties and the location might feel neglected somewhat. Plus the fact that if anything went wrong with the machine it might be sitting there with $5 in it and nobody bothered to call.

You know it Jerry - most all of my machines are five wides and if they do a hundred bucks they're mostly empty.  Who are these guys who can pull two hundred out of a snack machine - they must have some big time candy bar addicts in there.

I have an account that the snack does 130 to 150 every week and I might have 1 empty sometimes 2, So i can see the machine doing 200 and maybe 3 empties.   I do have everything at 1.00 even the small bags of chips and danishes at 1.25 and I have 5 hour energy drinks in this one a 3.50.

I have an account that the snack does 130 to 150 every week and I might have 1 empty sometimes 2, So i can see the machine doing 200 and maybe 3 empties.   I do have everything at 1.00 even the small bags of chips and danishes at 1.25 and I have 5 hour energy drinks in this one a 3.50.

Your prices are on the high side and I'm sure the 5 hour drinks help at least a little.

All verifiable. Each machine I am only allowed to price items at .75 but EVERY item receives a .75 subsidy paid quartlerly. I have seen the last 4 years payments.

So how much now?

At 10,000 that is only 63% of gross sales which is pretty good in my opinion, but I would still have to keep trying to get it cheaper. I really don't think its priced to far wrong though if his numbers are accurate.

All verifiable. Each machine I am only allowed to price items at .75 but EVERY item receives a .75 subsidy paid quartlerly. I have seen the last 4 years payments.

So how much now?

If you are getting $1.50 for every item sold, .75 at point of sale and .75 reimbursed quarterly, then the deal is better but what happens if the account closes or replaces you or just refuses to pay the reimbursement at the end of a quarter?  Then you have sold 3 months of product for .75 each with no reimbursement.  If the account is so good, why doesn't the guy keep it?  Is the new account he's trying to equip 3 times better than this? 

I wouldn't do this for anything less than reimbursement every month.  Subsidized accounts are great as it boosts sales tremendously when products are sold at below-market pricing, though not all your products are as much below-market at .75 each.  It seems awfully generous for the location to reimburse you at .75 each and I have been burned on a deal like this when the location went bankrupt and locked up with my machines inside and no reimbursement.  Remember that you aren't in the receivables business, but rather the cash business.

The last time I tried to go 2 weeks an a good account I packed the snack machine completely full and came back 2 weeks later. When I arrived every row was completely empty. Not one item left. I was stunned until I opened the cash drawer and there wasn't any money in it. Somehow the prices zeroed out when I closed the door and everything in the machine vended for free. Hahahaha!

The last time I tried to go 2 weeks an a good account I packed the snack machine completely full and came back 2 weeks later. When I arrived every row was completely empty. Not one item left. I was stunned until I opened the cash drawer and there wasn't any money in it. Somehow the prices zeroed out when I closed the door and everything in the machine vended for free. Hahahaha!

I would call that customer apprication week!!

If you are getting $1.50 for every item sold, .75 at point of sale and .75 reimbursed quarterly, then the deal is better but what happens if the account closes or replaces you or just refuses to pay the reimbursement at the end of a quarter?  Then you have sold 3 months of product for .75 each with no reimbursement.  If the account is so good, why doesn't the guy keep it?  Is the new account he's trying to equip 3 times better than this? 

I wouldn't do this for anything less than reimbursement every month.  Subsidized accounts are great as it boosts sales tremendously when products are sold at below-market pricing, though not all your products are as much below-market at .75 each.  It seems awfully generous for the location to reimburse you at .75 each and I have been burned on a deal like this when the location went bankrupt and locked up with my machines inside and no reimbursement.  Remember that you aren't in the receivables business, but rather the cash business.

The account he is after happens to be where I work.  A large automotive manufacturer with over 1500 employees running 7 days a week. These accounts are tiny "sister accounts" of my employers. Nothing is a guarantee and this day and age any company can fold though as you mention. I don't know he won't budge off 10k. I'd like it because of convenience  but if you guys say it's to much I guess I'll ride it out 

Ouchhhhh

The account he is after happens to be where I work.  A large automotive manufacturer with over 1500 employees running 7 days a week. These accounts are tiny "sister accounts" of my employers. Nothing is a guarantee and this day and age any company can fold though as you mention. I don't know he won't budge off 10k. I'd like it because of convenience  but if you guys say it's to much I guess I'll ride it out 

Ouchhhhh

I had that happened once and they even had the gall to call to have it serviced. We raised the price on every item a dime.

I'm confused a bit. Wouldnt grossing 230 a week=920 a month times 12 months = $11,040?

So about a year to break even? Or am I missing something, which wouldnt shock me lol

Ah, about 50% needs to go back for product thats why 2 years right

You got it.

Nah!

It is to hot so everybody is hiding in their man cave. ;D

I myself smells like road kill from sweating my tail off today! :wacko:

What's the temperature there this summer?

Lol

There was a poll a few months back where some members were saying that a good pull from a snack machine was $200. How does one pull that much out of a snack machine? All my machines are fairly large and if I hit the $100 mark my machine is woefully empty.

I service a National 148 every few weeks for about $200. Prices are $1 +, and $.75. It is running low when I get there, but it's on schedule with the 501 next to it. Nice people there, so it's cool.

Archived