Help! - Dixie Narco 5591 Coin Release

delb101

I need some help

I have a Dixie Narco 5591 in a busy location

The coin release lever does not come back up if you press it all the way down

(it will if you just press it lightly)

Well, when it stays down coins fall straight through of course. I tried to explain to the location what is happening but down want to hear it.....I had to make 4 trips to this location last week because of this same issue...the location thinks the machine is broken and is mad.

Where is the spring on the release lever for a 5591?  Is the spring easy to fix?

Does any one have an alternative to get the lever to come back up?

(the spring is NOT broken because it does come back up if you light press it....I am thinking it might be worn)

Thanks

I need some help

I have a Dixie Narco 5591 in a busy location

The coin release lever does not come back up if you press it all the way down

(it will if you just press it lightly)

Well, when it stays down coins fall straight through of course. I tried to explain to the location what is happening but down want to hear it.....I had to make 4 trips to this location last week because of this same issue...the location thinks the machine is broken and is mad.

Where is the spring on the release lever for a 5591?  Is the spring easy to fix?

Does any one have an alternative to get the lever to come back up?

(the spring is NOT broken because it does come back up if you light press it....I am thinking it might be worn)

Thanks

I'd start by lubing every point in the mechanism - it sounds like something is catching

There is no spring on the Bevmax coin return lever.  The return action is provided by the coin mechs own coin return lever.  You might try a light drop of oil on the shaft where it goes through the door - Teflon oil is best.  Don't use a spray as you will get oil everywhere and too much on the shaft which will collect dirt.  Check your coin mech for a strong coin return action on the acceptor.  It's even possible that the spring on the coin mech lever is broken.

What coin mech are you using... Conlux was the one they came out with. Some mars mechs have weak return springs. Mars 7512 have problems with the coin return. 

Sounds like there might be somethings else going on if they are using the coin lever that much.

Conlux was a cheaply built mech. I found on the 5591 if the conlux harness is routed next to the coin mech when you close the door it would put pressure on the left side of the mech if you're looking at it and it would cause the mech to not take money. 

What coin mech are you using... Conlux was the one they came out with. Some mars mechs have weak return springs. Mars 7512 have problems with the coin return. 

Sounds like there might be somethings else going on if they are using the coin lever that much.

Conlux was a cheaply built mech. I found on the 5591 if the conlux harness is routed next to the coin mech when you close the door it would put pressure on the left side of the mech if you're looking at it and it would cause the mech to not take money. 

Hey Rmorris

I actually am using the Mar 7512 with the 5591 - What coin mechs are you using with the 5591?

I am really baffled because this location doesnt take a lot of coins at all...but every time I showed up after being called the coin release was down allowing money to drop straight through? (bills and credit card reader was working normally)

I had this happen to mine 2 weeks ago. Same thing with the call-outs. I fiddle with the angle of attack on the lever. The fist time I used a crescent wrench on the metal tab and curled the end a little, to no avail. The 2nd time I bent it just a little in the opposite direction and it's now working fine.

Hey Rmorris

I actually am using the Mar 7512 with the 5591 - What coin mechs are you using with the 5591?

I am really baffled because this location doesnt take a lot of coins at all...but every time I showed up after being called the coin release was down allowing money to drop straight through? (bills and credit card reader was working normally)

On the 7512 you can go into history and read the errors. That is one of the things I like about the 7512. 

With that said they have a weak return spring and they have problems with the coin lever getting stuck in the down position. I have had a little success with loosen the screw on the lever. Its almost like it is sticky but definitely a head ache. If you can't get it to work right change it out. Maybe someone else has a solution to this on going problem with the 7512  

Archived