Should I buy it?

My first account which also happend to be my place of employment has the old soda machine I replaced sitting outside collecting dust. At first, I didn't want it, now that I see it just sitting there I think I could buy it for less than $100. I don't know much about it other than when it stopped being used it did work. It has been sitting for a good 3 to 4 years. It is a Vendo 480. Thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks,

Jon

Vendo 480's are not a bad machine if taken care off. $100 isn't bad at all. Get pics  ;D

Is  it a electronic machine?

If it looks good and cools take money and vends good or just needs a few repairs it could be a money maker. It will vend 20 oz bottles single depth. You can also vend energy drinks. 

I

I imagine I will have to make some repairs to it. I will hook it up after work and see what happens. It has Pepsi as the decals and one of the decals is ripped on the side. Other than that it needs a little TLC. Do you know if this is a multi-price machine?

I imagine I will have to make some repairs to it. I will hook it up after work and see what happens. It has Pepsi as the decals and one of the decals is ripped on the side. Other than that it needs a little TLC. Do you know if this is a multi-price machine?

Not sure without seeing it...... It could be

Why pay for it?  Why not offer to haul it off for free because after all those years sitting outside, I can guarantee it will need a lot of work.  You need to peel the graphics off the sides, rebuild the coin mech and validator, possibly recharge the cooling system, wash it inside and out, etc.  They are great machines so you should work a deal for it.

If you need parts for it you can PM me.

Thanks for the comments! I have had the machine plugged in for about an hour now and it is getting cold. It has an mei bill validator and coin mech. Talking to the guys that have been here longer than me say that the machine stopped getting filled cause it kept taking people's money and wouldn't give change back, but would vend. So the guy filling it just gave up cause he couldn't figure it out.

I am going to see if I can take it off their hands for free. I am sure I will be able to since it is taking up space. Wish me luck. I am going to run it by management in the morning.

Vendo 511... Need pics from the inside. Good vendor for cans can be difficult to shim right for bottles. When filling these don't  try and shove the last few cans in at the top of the stack. It will put to much pressure at the bottom and cause the cans/bottles to jam.

I spoke with management today. I will be taking this home for $0.00.....feels good knowing it cools. Probably will need to replae the coin mech and bill validator.

Also, the sticker on the inside says its a veno model 480 so that is what I am going by.

I spoke with management today. I will be taking this home for $0.00.....feels good knowing it cools. Probably will need to replae the coin mech and bill validator.

Also, the sticker on the inside says its a veno model 480 so that is what I am going by.

Darn good machine!

I have one and I like it.  

got it for $100, needing a deck.

Good luck with it!

Archived