Vendo 511 dispensing multiple cans

My Vendo 511 is set for 3 cans deep. Someone told me there was a problem with Dr. Pepper. So I bought 1 can and 6 fell out! The I put money in again and pushed the button and it said "Sold out". I pushed the coin return and got my change back then opened the door. It was not sold out, so I closed the door and right after it closed 6 more cans came out. What could be the problem? Please help!!

My Vendo 511 is set for 3 cans deep. Someone told me there was a problem with Dr. Pepper. So I bought 1 can and 6 fell out! The I put money in again and pushed the button and it said "Sold out". I pushed the coin return and got my change back then opened the door. It was not sold out, so I closed the door and right after it closed 6 more cans came out. What could be the problem? Please help!!

Sounds like the brake on your motor is gone.  The motors are about $20 and I'm sure AZ has one (he's got everything else  ;D )

Welcome to the forums, Wisegirl99!

If the cans were vended out, one by one, then the motor is bad with a likely broken brake.  If the cans actually fell out all at one time then the column is drastically set up wrong.  I'm assuming the first scenario as it sounds like the column has been working fine before this.  The sold out condition was due to the motor stopping in the wrong place, timing wise.

As Moondog said, I can provide you a motor for this if you will PM me. 

Bad motor switch... The board isn't seeing the motor run so it runs till it times out.... When you open and close the door the vendor goes into diag and runs any motors not home or runs ones it don't see the switch. It will run till it times out. AZ probably has switches. If it isn't the switch (my money on switch) then you have a broken wire or bad board. 

Archived