Old coin mechs...

I have a tabletop electronic snack unit. Inside is a coinco 880 coin mech.. its broke a couple times and i managed to figure it out and fix it ..this time is did the same thing and jammed coins inside it..i took it apart again but this time..its not working..

I looked on ebay and no luck.. where do you guys get older coin mechs for older machines? Thanks!

I have a tabletop electronic snack unit. Inside is a coinco 880 coin mech.. its broke a couple times and i managed to figure it out and fix it ..this time is did the same thing and jammed coins inside it..i took it apart again but this time..its not working..

I looked on ebay and no luck.. where do you guys get older coin mechs for older machines? Thanks!

If I don't find it on ebay, and AZVendor doesn't have it, no one has it.

I will tell you this though... it will save you a LOT of money to replace that tabletop unit with an honor box if possible.  It isn't worth it to buy counter-top units IMO.

If I don't find it on ebay, and AZVendor doesn't have it, no one has it.

I will tell you this though... it will save you a LOT of money to replace that tabletop unit with an honor box if possible.  It isn't worth it to buy counter-top units IMO.

I wish I could get rid of the tabletop unit but thats all that fits in this tight space ..a honor box wouldnt work as its a truck stop repair place.. hopefully AZVendor has one..I think he is the member I was thinking of that has usually every part known to man LOL

I wish I could get rid of the tabletop unit but thats all that fits in this tight space ..a honor box wouldnt work as its a truck stop repair place.. hopefully AZVendor has one..I think he is the member I was thinking of that has usually every part known to man LOL

If AZ doesn't have it - it was never made  ;D

That's either a 10 price coin mech or a multiprice mech based on the plug. Does yours say which it is? If old mechs like these are 4 price or 10 price then there will be a pricing block and then multiple relays for each of the price lines inside the mech. I can get you a replacemnt if you can give more details about yours. By the way, what countertop machine is it in?

That's either a 10 price coin mech or a multiprice mech based on the plug. Does yours say which it is? If old mechs like these are 4 price or 10 price then there will be a pricing block and then multiple relays for each of the price lines inside the mech. I can get you a replacemnt if you can give more details about yours. By the way, what countertop machine is it in?

Those are the words I like to hear "I can get you a replacement if you can give more details" !!

I brought the mech home tonight and found another jammed quarter in the mech ..i also cleaned it real well..im going to go to location one more time tomorrow and try it now since its all I can do to it now..if it dont work then I have to replace it..

Your going to think im crazy but I dont even know the make and model of the machine, I just bought it and put it on location..was a craigslist find.. Ill have alot more information tomorrow.. im not sure if mine is a 10 price mech or a multiprice mech..i looked all over the mech and cant find any information on it.. except coinco 880.. i know it takes nickals and dimes in the mech and puts the quarters to the coin box..if that helps.. Ill let you know tomorrow what goes on at location..thanks so much AZ and others!

I was able to get back to the location today..a  few days delayed as I just got over a bad chest cold and strep throat..I installed the mech and it worked great! I did however get a picture of the machine..Ill post it tomorrow as I would like to know for future reference what coin mech exactly I have just in case I ever do need to replace it..thanks alot for all the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long but here is a picture of the machine..ill post a picture of the coin mech plug also again so you get the idea. What coin mech is this so I can write it down just in case I will need one in the future. So far knock on wood I have been able to fix the minor issues Ive had with it..

truckstop

plug

That machine is a blast from the past. It's a Polyvend countertop machine which I had a few of on my old routes. Like your, we had trouble keeping the plexi tops from breaking. It usually happens by dropping the lid when closing the machine. I only had to replace a couple of them but you can't get them now, of course. That machine has a one-off logic board.

The coin mech is a multiprice mech like a Coinco M300 or something similar. I know where a couple of these are that I sold when I got out of the routes so I could get you parts if you need anything.

AZVendor I really wish I had your knowledge on all these full line units. Im glad to hear you can get me parts if i need them. I also need a couple older dbas.I will personal message you tomorrow with part numbers to see if you can get them and prices.. thank you so much!

Sorry it took so long but here is a picture of the machine..ill post a picture of the coin mech plug also again so you get the idea. What coin mech is this so I can write it down just in case I will need one in the future. So far knock on wood I have been able to fix the minor issues Ive had with it..

I have one of those that I sold once but got it back from the guy (didn't finish paying for it). It has a C300-9404 in it.

John

Archived