BA 32R

laip51

I have a Coinco BAQ32R that is working fine but spontaneously decided to not accept fives, both old and new  Ones still vend.  I cleaned the lenses and checked the dip switches as set ok. Does anyone have such experience, and is there a cure other than replacement? Possible update reprogram?

Your validator probably is not current enough to accept the new 5's. The older software works with the old single color, small portrait 5's, not the newer large portrait bills. If you have a green round sticker with 2008 on it then you have the later software but you will need to make sure that switch 6 in the validator is turned on for 5's.

If you need a replacement then send me a PM and I can exchange yours for a factory rebuilt unit.

If it used to take both the old and the new 5s, then your Mag head on the upper sensor board is probably dying.  It happens all the time on Coinco's BA and Mag validators.  The 5s are the first thing that stops working.  If it takes the $5 bill in about half an inch, then spits it back, the Mag head is definitely the problem.  The important thing is, did it even take them to begin with.  It has to be upgraded to take anything newer than 2008. 

Venders Tech:  Exactly as outlined. I believe I have access to a later unit and will try out. Thanks

AZVendorr:  My removable unit has a $5 round sticker on it redone in 2007

The 2007 sticker is older software that doesn't include parameters for the large portrait colored bill, which is now the prevalent bill in circulation, so you will get a rejection of virtually all 5's that your customers have. 

Let me know if you'd like an updated validator.  You would need an expensive software updater to upgrade this unit and you may not use it enough to make it cost effective to get one and it wouldn't work on all your Coinco units.  The problem with Coinco validators and software updates is that on any given Coinco unit, it could need a new board, a new eprom or just software depending on it's age and what work was done to it previously, and you will never know until you look at the board to see what components are on it.  Since you have the 2007 sticker, it's very likely that your unit has been in service for many years and it would make sense to rebuild and update it at the same time, or exchange it for an updated unit.

Archived