I Need A Combo.. What About This One?

2dudes

This is a pretty good machine but you need to know it weighs almost 1000 lbs. and is a bear to move.  It's a later version of this same combo and this one is much better than the early one.  It has 6 columns that will vend cans or bottles and the chip selections are dual spiral.  The machine is also MDB.  It's worth around $1000, give or take, depending on condition and what the seller will take.

If you care about MAXIMUM CAPACITY in a space that is too small for 2 full-size machines, then that machine probably offers the most capacity of any combo machine.  It will hold about 300 cans or 144 bottles and I think it has 23 snack selections with a standard depth cabinet, so maybe 300+ snacks.

If you care about having a combo machine that is easy to move, easy to work on, etc... then you want to stick with an AP LCM, National, GPL, or something rather current that is owned by Crane (AP, National, GPL, etc..).  As AZ said, that machine is MASSIVE.  It has a HUGE footprint (42" x 32" I think?), the door weighs a lot and it WILL sag after a while, causing difficulty opening and closing.  It holds a LOT of product in a small space if you need both but it is not a good idea to replace two machines (snack and soda) with this one if you can supply two full-size machines.  If something major goes wrong with it, you will wish you had 2 full-size machines from major brands.  I am not talking down on USI but this machine was designed to put the maximum capacity in a combo machine WITHOUT making it very easy to work on.  If I recall, there is a lot you have to do if you ever need to replace the refrigeration deck.

Again, this machine should be used if you can ONLY fit a combo machine and *IF* THIS ONE WILL FIT!

All very good advice. I have delivered a couple of these and it is a two man operation. You will want to use a mover unless you are a horse. Make sure to download a manual for it. 

If memory serves me I think you can divert some of the cold air from the pop side to keep the candy side cool. Not sure if I am right.

Except for refrigeration not a bad vendor.

The first link is a GPL (Crane) combo machine, is cans-only, and will work very well.  It appears to have a Coinco validator.

The second link is to an AMS combo machine which will allow you to sell cans or bottles but has low capacity of either due to the 6 count spirals on the drink shelves.  It is a later S2 or S3 model and will have guaranteed vend but has an older Coinco validator in it.

Both are good machines with the AMS having the lowest drink capacity.

Space is a consideration here so would you reccomend something like these instead.

http://newjersey.en.craigslist.org/bfs/4573251044.html

http://cnj.en.craigslist.org/for/4575160611.html

The GPL needs one of the can ejectors replaced - easy fix if you can manage to pry off the can box front (easier said than done) About $15 in parts and a half hour of your time.

I jave 2 of these usi combos and they are great probably the best combo however they are very heavy but can be moved the same way any other machine is moved. As big as a 6 wide or so. Id pay up to 1k for one

The USi combo II is an awesome machine! I have a bunch of them on my route and they have been very reliable. They are very heavy but that's not a bad thing. Actually the excessive weight can be beneficial. I had an AMS snack machine at a location that someone was violently shaking on a daily basis & stealing the products that they shook free, so I quickly put an end to it by replacing the AMS with a Combo II. Every time I went by to service the combo, I would notice palm prints at the top of the glass but no missing front row products. I'd chuckle inside while imagining the thief trying to budge that thousand pounder!! Needless to say, the palm prints stopped showing up after a few weeks! :) If you can get it for under $1500, jump on it....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived