AMS?

KrisFL

Anyone have experience with Automated Merchandising Systems (AMS) vendors?  I was looking at an account to purchase and they use these machines.  A forum search didn't pull anything up about their reliability or customer service.  This is their website: http://www.amsvendors.com/

Thanks!

AMS is one of the highest recommended manufacturers on the forum and you should be in good shape with any of their machines.  The only caveat is if any of the machines are the Sensit 1 version, which was their first (AMS invented the guaranteed vend snack machine).  The Sensit 1 machines have very tempermental sensors and need to be upgraded to what is now Sensit 3.  You can tell if a machine is a Sensit 1 if it has only have one line of text in the credit display.  All Sensit 2 and Sensit 3 machines have displays with two lines of text.  It doesn't matter if a machine is an S2 or S3, you just don't want an S1.  AMS is also well known for their chilled snacks which they popularized by making the majority of their snacks with that option in it.  Just keep the vent screen on the bottom of the cabinet clean.

I like the Sensit 3 and the middle and late Sensit 2.

1 The early ones that do not have position switches in the motors the motors stop it random position.

Many customers will not select a product, when the spiral is out of the home position.

Often non customers will shake the machine for free product and will almost always get something from machines without motor switches.

2 The early refer machines have a screen screwed to the bottom of the machine. It is difficult to clean and once clogged refer unit will soon fail. The good units have a door on the front of the refer unit.

3 The other thing that bugs me about AMS is the only way can trouble shut the sensor is to throw parts at them and vend it. AMS does not provide a test mode to check the sensors. AMS has no way to calibrate there sensor.

Walta

Archived