What up From 2 Noobies In BOOM Town USA!

Queo

Hello! So let me cut to the chase My Girlfriend and I were at one of our favorite hangouts and commented that they could use a couple of Vending machines. So I said, yeah what the heck, i but we could run them... So now we are here! I just happen to know some one who owns a few and after I picked his brains on the subject, he told me about you guys. I will have lots of questions, I'm sure, just right now I don't know what I don't know yet to have questions. However, any pointers or heads up on some great resources or books on the subject would be awesome! Anyhow my name is Mardoqueo, can call me Queo (Q) and my GF's name is Jenna, we hope to get to know you all!

Welcome Queo!

The key is to read, read and read some more.  The more time you spend reading past and current posts here and searching for topics that interest you the more you will learn about this business.  Use the the forum as a tool to learning and you will be surprised how much information is here.

Yeah I was up till 1030 last night reading just on North dakota state laws... it was the perfect read before bed. I went right out when my head touched my pillow.

I'm looking to start off small. Been eye balling some machines all in the 400 dollar range. looking at something that I can put some "staples" vending snacks as well as some higher price specialities that fits the venue.

This of course is hinging on the shop owner(s) agreeing to host a machine.

Well I've been kinda Eye balling the Seaga CA-9 or CA-11 I think they would be the right size for testing the water. Except they don't have, for a lack of a better term, that curb appeal. On top of that, the max you can set an items price is 1.25. Maybe if we buy something the size of a CA-9  in which we have only room for some chips and candy bars that price limit would work. However, I want to bring in some specialty items(requiring something like CA-11)  which will be up in the 3-4 dollar range, risky I know. However, the type of people that frequent this venue we want to start in are the type who consume these items, and they arn't readily available in town. 

Ideally something like Seaga's CB716 is where we would like to go(except again... its just not a sexy looking machine). However as a start up, we don't want spend 3-4k especially if we have to take out a credit loan.

http://www.gumball.com/snack-machines.aspx (link to a gumball's site which has both machines)

Don't let yourself get mesmerized by any glitzy web sites.  That's how many people get taken advantage of in this business.  They think of vending as an easy business and begin looking around on the interwebs.  They find fancy-schmancy websites that promise the moon with minimal work and it is all pie-in-the-sky blather. 

The best way you can ensure your success is to avoid overpriced new equipment, especially mechanical machines, imported machines (beware that they will all try to sound like they are US made), and crap from Seaga.

Buy good used simple machines like single price can soda machines from Dixie Narco, Vendo, Royal and USI and then find some solid blue collar accounts that will drink soda.  That's how you get started testing the waters to see if you really like the business.  Don't get into any snacks until you have to and then only if you can get 5 full size machines out in a short period of time to avoid losing too much product to stales.

Thanks AZ! That's pretty solid advice. I wasn't planning on buying new. I don't buy much things new lol. I just linked that site cause it had the 3 machines I was eyeballing based on size and quantity of items they held. The Seagas themselves, I find lacking in both "sex appeal" and function. A dollar 25 max price and coin only are deal breakers. However they are the right size. Any suggestions on replacement for a ca-11, or '-9?

Seaga is also junk

You will work yourself to death with small machines or combos , so try a single price soda machine from vendo or royal or dixie narco

about 300$ from craigslist

Of you need a snack machine.try a used usi , crane/ national, ams, or ap

Archived