Chips, Chips n more Chips

I did a quick look see around the forums and didn't see what the best selling chips are. I've struggled with a bunch of diff ones now and can't get any consistency. one place I could load up with nothing but Ketchup, yet, I can't give em away at any other location, the list goes on n on.... AARRRGGHHH

What are your top 5 flavors/brands out there?

1 oz size: Lay's regular, Snyder BBQ, TGIF Cheddar/Bacon, Ruffles Cheddar/Sour cream

LSS: Jalapeño Cheetos, Honey BBQ Twist Fritos, Snyder HMO pretzels, Snyder Hot Buffalo Pretzels, Munchies

1oz: Ruffles sour cream and cheddar - Doritos - Cheetos - Cheetos Hot - Lays regular

LSS: Lays Kettle Jalapeno - Sun chips - Salsitas - Rye Street Parmesian and Garlic - Salt N Vinigar

1oz: Mac's BBQ Pork Skins, Ruffles regular, Lays Classic, Cheetos crunchy, Fritos, Bugles, Vidalia sweet onion petals, cheez-it, Lays bbq, Herrs Jalapeno poppers, Munchos!, Funyuns

1.5oz and larger: Munchies, Salsitas spicy salsa round, Zapps regular, Zapps Crawtators, Zapps hoter n hot jalapeno, Zapps Voodoo, Honey BBQ Twist.

Everything I posted!

cajun

I did a quick look see around the forums and didn't see what the best selling chips are. I've struggled with a bunch of diff ones now and can't get any consistency. one place I could load up with nothing but Ketchup, yet, I can't give em away at any other location, the list goes on n on.... AARRRGGHHH

What are your top 5 flavors/brands out there?

This is always the problem we all go through when setting up snack machines - what sells where and it'll take you awhile.  Down here the hot stuff and pork rinds sell best but in Canada that might be completely different.  Crunchy Cheestos, Fritos and Cheddar, Sour Cream Ruffles seem to be my best steady sellers across all locations.

Chips are more location specific and region specific. I'm pretty sure in PA Herr's would be in the top sellers, Better Made in MI, etc. Frito-Lay stuff should sell well regardless, Lay's Regular, Doritos Nacho Cheese, Cheetos Crunchy are our top chips overall.

Canada has a lot of flavors that differ from what sells in the US. In Alberta I'm guessing Old Dutch might do better than Frito-Lay, am I right?

I am amazed at the variety of flavors available in the States. I would love to try some of them just for me.

Doritos so far is the only constant for me. Loaded potato skins ran good for.a.couple of months and have died off. Hickory Stix are good sellers for.a.month and then nothing for three so I get to toss a box of those. Spicy doritos are jiffy, just started trying those out.

I really wish I could find more variety packs il here. I could try out something without buying a case.

I am amazed at the variety of flavors available in the States. I would love to try some of them just for me.

We don't have ketchup or all dressed though

Ketchup is gooooooood

And we don't have those crazy flavors from presidents choice

We don't have ketchup or all dressed though

Ketchup is gooooooood

And we don't have those crazy flavors from presidents choice

I've seen Herr's make a Heinz Ketchup chip for sale. I think you can get it through Vistar.

Doritos so far is the only constant for me. Loaded potato skins ran good for.a.couple of months and have died off. Hickory Stix are good sellers for.a.month and then nothing for three so I get to toss a box of those. Spicy doritos are jiffy, just started trying those out.

I really wish I could find more variety packs il here. I could try out something without buying a case.

Well, the US doesn't have the Ruffles Loaded Potato Skins (there's TGI Friday's instead) and Frito-Lay doesn't make Hickory Sticks for the US market either. I've only seen Herr's Potato Stix that resembles the Hickory Sticks.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are we getting the honey bbq twist fritos wholesale from? I always have to scavage them from a variety pack from sams?

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

I eat what doesn't sell...

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

You really need to find a wholesale grocery outlet in your area - try and find out where the Mom n' Pops are getting their stuff from.  You need to buy case lots of the popular stuff - combo packs won't cut it, every time you eat one you have to sell one just to break even.

I'm surprised to see everyone list Lay's Classic chips as best sellers. I couldn't give them away. Literally. I would just leave them out on the counter for people just so I didn't have to throw them away.

People still bought from my machine and left the free chips on the counter. I ended up tossing them anyway.

I'm surprised to see everyone list Lay's Classic chips as best sellers. I couldn't give them away. Literally. I would just leave them out on the counter for people just so I didn't have to throw them away.

People still bought from my machine and left the free chips on the counter. I ended up tossing them anyway.

I keep two cases of Lay's Classic on shelf, at all times!

Sell them all way before the expiration date!

Lay's BBQ, sucks for vending here!

Crazy how different the regions are.  I am going to have to get a box of Ruffles Sour Cream and give them a try.  Doritos, Lays, Hot Cheetos, Cheetos do well in the Pac NW.  Pretzels, Fritos and BBQ lays are a bit slower.  Having some luck with Dirty's salt and cracked pepper once people try them.  Tim's are cheaper than Lays and sell well here, particlularly the jalepeno.  The Tim's white cheddar popcorn is a large, attractive bag and sells well with the office ladies, cost is only 22 cents.

Growlie - heading to Calgary/Banff/Lake Louise in a few weeks.  Love it up there!

Yep,  that's been my experience as well, don't even stock them anymore.  Unfortunately the BBQ chips don't sell either as they are my favorite.

I didn't know that you were dabbling in Full Line Steve - if you're trying to vend chips out of a gumball machine, that might explain your problem  ;D  ;D

Crazy how different the regions are.  I am going to have to get a box of Ruffles Sour Cream and give them a try.  Doritos, Lays, Hot Cheetos, Cheetos do well in the Pac NW.  Pretzels, Fritos and BBQ lays are a bit slower.  Having some luck with Dirty's salt and cracked pepper once people try them.  Tim's are cheaper than Lays and sell well here, particlularly the jalepeno.  The Tim's white cheddar popcorn is a large, attractive bag and sells well with the office ladies, cost is only 22 cents.

Growlie - heading to Calgary/Banff/Lake Louise in a few weeks.  Love it up there!

The Cheddar Cheese / Sour Cream Ruffles do very well for me.

I didn't know that you were dabbling in Full Line Steve - if you're trying to vend chips out of a gumball machine, that might explain your problem ;D;D

Yea I had a handful of can venders and 1 combo machine a few years ago. When I got out of vending, I gave the combo machine away to a member here and sold the can venders for $100 a pop.

I never stocked Lays regular chips until my teenage son told me how good they were. I started stocking them randomly and wouldn't you know it, they are actually pretty good sellers. Hispanics seem to like them with Tapatio hot sauce. Also, retirement homes and convalescent hospitals go thru a lot of them for some reason.

I never stocked Lays regular chips until my teenage son told me how good they were. I started stocking them randomly and wouldn't you know it, they are actually pretty good sellers. Hispanics seem to like them with Tapatio hot sauce. Also, retirement homes and convalescent hospitals go thru a lot of them for some reason.

Well that explains it. My machine was located in a workplace that was 100% middle aged white guys.

No teenagers, Hispanics, or geriatric residents.

A lot of good advice provided by other members. Keep in mind product mix is heavily reliant on location demographics. With that being said the following haven't been listed before and do reasonably well in most of our locations (these are not all chips, but fit in equivalent location);

- Welch's Mixed Fruit Snacks

- Cheez-its

- Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili

You stated that the location is mostly middle aged white men. Was this a blue collar or white collar location?

Archived