Chips, Chips n more Chips

A lot of good advice provided by other members. Keep in mind product mix is heavily reliant on location demographics. With that being said the following haven't been listed before and do reasonably well in most of our locations (these are not all chips, but fit in equivalent location);

- Welch's Mixed Fruit Snacks

- Cheez-its

- Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili

You stated that the location is mostly middle aged white men. Was this a blue collar or white collar location?

I tried Welch's mixed fruit snack, just stayed in machines till I pulled them, not one sold. lol!

Cheez-its does very good in machines here, especially in the bar room, two rows and it always empty first!

Never seen Doritos Spicy Sweet Chili, I think it would great in some locations here.

Wow! glad to see the replys. Gives me plenty 'o options to try.

I've just started trying the Lays Plain so I wont know for a week or two how that'll pan out.

I need to find some Cheddar n Bacon, that sounds GOOD.

Salt n Vinegar are hit and miss. Tried Miss Vikies Sea Salt n Vin, it was so so, now trying Old Dutch.

I'm not a fan of Old Dutch because they pack so much nitro in the bags, causes delivery issues for me.

And Whiteroom, Banff / Lake Louise are SPECTACULAR, weather has been unbelievably hot here this year, and no, thats not a complaint, We had such a crappy winter that this is the reward!

Wow! glad to see the replys. Gives me plenty 'o options to try.

I've just started trying the Lays Plain so I wont know for a week or two how that'll pan out.

I need to find some Cheddar n Bacon, that sounds GOOD.

Salt n Vinegar are hit and miss. Tried Miss Vikies Sea Salt n Vin, it was so so, now trying Old Dutch.

I'm not a fan of Old Dutch because they pack so much nitro in the bags, causes delivery issues for me.

And Whiteroom, Banff / Lake Louise are SPECTACULAR, weather has been unbelievably hot here this year, and no, thats not a complaint, We had such a crappy winter that this is the reward!

You have to give new products awhile before you can tell if they're keepers or not.  People don't usually  look at every item in the machine so it may take them awhile to realize the new product is there.

And this is why I'm glad I found this forum! You veterans have all the answers I don't. Every day I learn something new.

I usually give them three or four weeks to see if it'll sell then swap it out for something else. My wife says I'm just to impatient.

If I have a new type of flavor or brand that I want to stock I will throw 1 or 2 on the table or at whoever is in the room and make them try them. It gets them hooked or at least talking about it to their coworkers.

• 4 weeks later...

One thing that has surprised me is Rold Gold pretzels. I put two rows of them in one place.

I tried pretzels, ended up selling about 5 out of a case and threw thew the rest away.

Its amazing the different product mixes everyone has.

I just aquired 5 more locations and eiher my original accounts are anomalies or the previous owner of these new accounts loaded up these machines with all his dead stock. They all have stuff in them that I couldn't give away before.

Time will tell.

We are about 70% single serve snacks and 30% LSS. We typically get 60-65 cents for single and .85 for LSS. Nthe past two years momentum has swung back to singles serve size and can drinks, basically because of price points.

We are about 70% single serve snacks and 30% LSS. We typically get 60-65 cents for single and .85 for LSS. Nthe past two years momentum has swung back to singles serve size and can drinks, basically because of price points.

ive noticed most around here are the 1.75oz or up bags of chips? But i noticed you guys mostly do 1oz, what do you charge for the 1oz? Dont think 1oz is to little?

So, methinks 1 oz are the little bags. Cost about. 25 per. I sold those at 1.00. Now the larger bags, 45 gram is roughly 1.75 oz I believe, I sell at 1.25 without any complaints. However, the new accounts I just bought, buddy had the large bags at 1.00. My cost is. 35 to .42 for those. His explaniaton is that he didn't pay a commission to those accounts so he kept them at 1.00.

So far only one has voiced a concern about the recent rise in prices(ie: chocolate) I said I will hold off till.the spring. I did inform them that 1.25 is where I will be and they were ok with that.

The new accounts are all at 1.50 for chocolate and my first accounts I just raised to 1.35. I buy all chocolate at the dollar store now at. 77 per.

My cost on soda is .39 and sell at 1.00 except tot two.places where I'm getting 1.25

My bead hurts just trying to keep.it all straight. lol

1oz: Ruffles sour cream and cheddar  is my biggest seller.  All the other chips seem to be hit or miss.  I'm constantly rotating chips trying to get the flavors that move.

Archived