Blueprint for making 20k a year at this?

JaySans

I am in the process of buying a few beverage machines at the moment just to get my feet wet in the industry and get a feel for everything. Start small and not make too much of a commitment and all that until i get some experience.

Since there are a lot of veterans on this forum in the vending industry I was looking for some feedback on what the blueprint would be to make a 20k profit a year at this. Any advice, info and feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

When starting out, I recommend trying to gross 100k/year or 2k/week. It's not easy to get there but there may be so many unforseen expenses at first. It's tough to get to that point unless you are patient or buy a route.

When starting out, I recommend trying to gross 100k/year or 2k/week. It's not easy to get there but there may be so many unforseen expenses at first. It's tough to get to that point unless you are patient or buy a route.

Jaysans, first off, welcome to the forum. You are in the right place to learn about the ins and outs of vending. There are a lot of guys on this forum who have been vending for many years (myself not included) and are very knowledgeable. I would suggest that you spend a lot of time reading this forum and asking a lot of questions to get a grasp on this industry before you jump in. I would also recommend that you run each deal that you find through the forum so that the pro's and cons can be exposed. This forum has saved and made me plenty of money by the way of eliminating many of the mistakes that I would have made if I had of jumped in blind.

your product will cost you about 50% so if you can gross about $760 per week then theoretically it will happen. The problem is all the other expenses such as insurance, vehicle maintenance and repairs, fuel costs, machine breakdowns, machine parts and service items, cost of moving machines, etc, etc. Plus your accounts have to first make enough money to overcome the initial equipment costs before you make a dime, which is hard when you pay $1500 for each machine. I have had success buying used equipment for under $500 and stockpiling equipment when I find really good deals and keeping them for when I find new accounts.

I am in the process of buying a few beverage machines at the moment just to get my feet wet in the industry and get a feel for everything. Start small and not make too much of a commitment and all that until i get some experience.

Since there are a lot of veterans on this forum in the vending industry I was looking for some feedback on what the blueprint would be to make a 20k profit a year at this. Any advice, info and feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Your average soda only account (ten guys in a tire shop) should do $200 a month or $100 profit.  Based on your 20k criteria, you'll need to plan on running at least 15 machines to make this happen.  That may sound like a lot of machines right now, but if you buy the big ones you can probably service them all in two days a month.

Thanks all for the welcome and advice. I was thinking of getting 3 machines from Grow Healthy Vending and looking to get them into schools or YMCAs. Havent committed to anything yet though. Any advice with this company or healthy products in general?

Thanks all for the welcome and advice. I was thinking of getting 3 machines from Grow Healthy Vending and looking to get them into schools or YMCAs. Havent committed to anything yet though. Any advice with this company or healthy products in general?

You could easily get 15 nice soda machines for what Hellthy Vending (misspelled on purpose  ;D ) will rip you off for three of their machines and the upside is you might actually make some money.  You need to read some of the past posts on Healthy Vending.   While you could easily lose 20k in a year in healthy vending, your chances of making that much are slim and none.

If healthy snacks is what it will take to get into a YMCA or a similar location then buy used machines, whether combos or full size snack and soda, and wrap them with healthy graphics that are available from some parts suppliers.  You'll save yourself a ton of money and still "amaze" your accounts with healthy stuff.  Don't use any imported machines but only good equipment from American manufacturers not named Seaga.  Post any models of machine you might be interested in and we can advise you on their reliability.

Forget healthy vending will never make any good money doing that. Look for good used machines and like moondog said set a target to work towards 15 machines. When first starting out in the vending business is tough, but if work hard and stay the course it will pay off big time. 

Archived